Fireteam Fireteam first break since purchase in July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Had a really good time bashing today out my best friend's farm. Unusual 70F day, and I just had to skip out the office today....lots of rain and cold weather coming tonight. Kraton EXB, Talion EXB, and the FT, the only break out of all runs today was the FT tie rod end.

Think I should have done this a long time ago....and I THINK it will work. FT does have Kraton arms, right? I am running the Kraton hubs and Kraton axles all around as an upgrade. I never changed out the tie rod end. Jenny's has these. Although I have modified the FT, these tie rod ends still should fit as replacement....?

FT rear rod seems a lot beefier than the thinner fronts.

Not the best pic...could not focus, but the metal broke right at the end of the tie rod
1673488977462.png

It was nice to see 70 , very northern ms my location. Had a infraction with a brand new mustang body out. Your repair at least is cheap and easy. Maybe upgrade?

Last edited:
Kind of surprised that broke!

Last edited:
Kind of surprised to that that broke!
Same here...

But it was an ugly cartwheel. Not like I've never been in a cartwheel before and when it does happen, I immediately get off power/steering and let it go until it stops.

Looking at part numbers as Jenny's lists them looks like the Kraton EXB tie-rods will work...will try and see

Thx

Same here...

But it was an ugly cartwheel. Not like I've never been in a cartwheel before and when it does happen, I immediately get off power/steering and let it go until it stops.

Looking at part numbers as Jenny's lists them looks like the Kraton EXB tie-rods will work...will try and see

Thx
Ahh heavy beast as well! Am I correct in thinking the EXB links may actually be worse because they are more brittle? or?

Ahh heavy beast as well! Am I correct in thinking the EXB links may actually be worse because they are more brittle? or?
Good question....I lack the knowledge to know the correct answer.

After doing more research, the rear turn buckles or ends are the same for both rigs...just one is stainless. My FT is a bit lighter with the men removed and an open cage...but your point is correct and stands.

Well

I did not think I would go this fat from the original issue for the turnbuckle break. Hell, all of you guys are getting new ones plus upgrades, and I have not done anything since July, :LOL:

I already had the Kraton EXB hubs and axles on the FT F/R. I decided to change to the aluminum Kraton hubs that have been on my Kraton EXB been spot on for it. The hubs for the Kraton & FT are here, front & rear

The main item that broke added the thicker, I think, 5.5mm EXB turnbuckles on F/R. Rear already had them just added the SS ones. Waiting for the rain to stop and dry so I can get a test bash in...

FT front driveshaft has not ever popped out on me yet like the Kraton so I keep the top and lower shims\washers on.

1674272259083.png
1674272301497.png
1674272316013.png

Damn... AF I spoke too soon above. I stated I never had a driveshaft to pop out since July. First bash today with the new hubs/turnbuckle setup and the front popped out on the second battery set.

I did not see this with the old plastic hubs and I do not think the aluminium hubs created any change. Anyway, time to remove the washers off the arms 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:

1674353146484.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back