Infraction Infraction Diff Fluid Options_1st time opening diffs since purchase a year ago 😜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
Bought late last July. I am just getting around to checking my diffs on my 6s Infraction V2 😁. All I did when I got it was check for loose screws and send it. Ran a few sets of tires, maybe 10-12 sets of packs through it then it got shelved. I don't have a lot of close places to run a street basher. Tires are not cheap. So I focused on back yard bashing throughout the winter and spring. After looking around the forum for a while I saw several different opinions on diff fluid combos. I want to set it up for drifting and general street/lot bashing. Would my Kraton setup work 60/500/30 or stick with stock 10/100/10? I've seen guys mention 1 mil in the center. When I opened the diffs last night for the first time I was surprised to find real thick, almost earplug thick, in the F&R and super thin/runny in the center..? Is this normal??

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 12.33.12 PM.png

Front
IMG_4760.jpeg

Rear
IMG_4761.jpeg

Center
IMG_4762.jpeg

Bought late last July. I am just getting around to checking my diffs on my 6s Infraction V2 😁. All I did when I got it was check for loose screws and send it. Ran a few sets of tires, maybe 10-12 sets of packs through it then it got shelved. I don't have a lot of close places to run a street basher. Tires are not cheap. So I focused on back yard bashing throughout the winter and spring. After looking around the forum for a while I saw several different opinions on diff fluid combos. I want to set it up for drifting and general street/lot bashing. Would my Kraton setup work 60/500/30 or stick with stock 10/100/10? I've seen guys mention 1 mil in the center. When I opened the diffs last night for the first time I was surprised to find real thick, almost earplug thick, in the F&R and super thin/runny in the center..? Is this normal??

View attachment 306885

Front
View attachment 306879

Rear
View attachment 306880

CenterView attachment 306881
Guess if you want it to slide sideways always, you want thick fluids in all 3 diffs. At least more fluid than it shows here 😅

Guess if you want it to slide sideways always, you want thick fluids in all 3 diffs. At least more fluid than it shows here 😅
The front and rear had "enough" in the them. The center had little and was thin like 10/30k.

The front and rear had "enough" in the them. The center had little and was thin like 10/30k.
Ah ok. I run like 10k F/R on LSD diff on Mojave, and it's fine. 100k center. But I see people do all sorts of things on open diffs, so I think you may try whatever you want, and just experiment until you're happy. I don't own a street basher myself (yet😅) and have little to bring here.

When I wanted my Infraction more tail happy I made the rear diff fluid thicker, bit like a drift car has a locker diff 👍🏼😉

I run 500k in the center but can’t remember what’s in the F/R. She drifts beautifully tho! 😎

I went with 60/500/100...hope I don't regret it 🤨
Been very happy with 60/200/30, but I want to try 50/200/20. Not much difference in mine, but used a lot by YT's like Rich Duperdash. My setup works well with my open parking lot drift style of driving.

Been very happy with 60/200/30, but I want to try 50/200/20. Not much difference in mine, but used a lot by YT's like Rich Duperdash. My setup works well with my open parking lot drift style of driving.
I haven't installed the diffs yet. Should I swap the F&R putting thicker in the front?

I haven't installed the diffs yet. Should I swap the F&R putting thicker in the front?
My personal option I would swap the two. I like a slower wheel spin up front for the drift turns and lighter in the rear for the spin. Of course, the center diff weight does have a big play in all this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back