Fireteam FireTeam ready to roll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the giant red thing on the esc?
They are Anderson Power Products connectors. They didn’t weigh much more than the other connectors I weighed, but boy are they robust! They are also crimp connectors, so I was able to use my hydraulic crimp to get a cold weld. Much stronger, simpler, and a better electrical connection than solder could ever hope to be.

I know some people get lost in the embellished amp ratings, but these connectors use 2x 12 gauge wires, and 12 gauge wires are rated for 25 amps. It’s pretty much as good as having a continuous wire. They are silver plated, and silver is the only thing more conductive than copper.

These connectors are widely used in the automotive industry, I just snuck them into the RC world 😁

Last edited:
They are Anderson Power Products connectors. They didn’t weigh much more than the other connectors I weighed, but boy are they robust! They are also crimp connectors, so I was able to use my hydraulic crimp to get a cold weld. Much stronger, simpler, and a better electrical connection than solder could ever hope to be.

I know some people get lost in the embellished amp ratings, but these connectors use 2x 12 gauge wires, and 12 gauge wires are rated for 25 amps. It’s pretty much as good as having a continuous wire. They are silver plated, and silver is the only thing more conductive than copper.

These connectors are widely used in the automotive industry, I just snuck them into the RC world 😁
Ah, I see. Do you hafta change all of batteries too?

Ah, I see. Do you hafta change all of batteries too?
Very good question! I’d say it depends on your setup. I create my parallel/series connectors with them. If you’re running straight to a single battery, then yea you’d want to change.
IMG_4928.jpeg

This thing is crazy with a HW 4985 in it! I enjoyed it with the factory motor, but wow it’s woke up now!

General destruction report is incredibly small today. Had it not been for a fence jumping in the way it would’ve been a flawless day. The truck and the fence met, and the servo arm and turnbuckle gave way.
IMG_4960.jpeg

Another pro-tip. If you have a toddler, always do a check for parts/tools before you put the lid on 😂
IMG_4956.jpeg

Last edited:
This thing is crazy with a HW 4987 in it! I enjoyed it with the factory motor, but wow it’s woke up now!

General destruction report is incredibly small today. Had it not been for a fence jumping in the way it would’ve been a flawless day. The truck and the fence met, and the servo arm and turnbuckle gave way.View attachment 352127

Another pro-tip. If you have a toddler, always do a check for parts/tools before you put the lid on 😂
View attachment 352128
What are these things, that are pictured

What are these things, that are pictured
It’s a stripped HR servo arm, and a busted Lunsford TI turnbuckle. The fence and the truck high-fived… hard 😂.

Unless you mean in the picture with my toddler “helping” me. That’s a multi-wrench snuck in there.

Generally surprised that’s all I broke. I pulled some parts from my new build to get it going again, then I threw the street tires on. I didn’t make it too far, though. I didn’t loctite one of my diff screws and it backed out.

Great looking build/builds. It’s too bad the Big Rock body is so expensive/fragile cause man it is a badass looking lid.
Thank you!

I was quite surprised how expensive the bodies are. The base body isn’t bad, but it requires quite a few different plastic pieces to get it complete. Thank you JRC for the save!

What's the giant red thing on the esc?
Here’s the data on the 30amp Anderson connectors. In their test they used the smaller plug, which is good for 12-16 gauge wires. I use the 50amp Anderson 10-12gauge. Even the smaller Anderson plug outperformed the XT90 pretty handedly. This is typical when RC ratings meet real world ratings. Just like the bogus C-ratings on the Lipos.
Connector Test

Last edited:
Back