Fireteam Im about to order the 1/7 Fireteam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
Well i have been waiting for the new kraton for about 4 months. Today im thinking about ordering the 1/7 fireteam, its the only truck instock at horizon europe. Do you guys think i will like it? Btw i will also get the kraton once its in stock. Shall i get the fireteam?

Well i have been waiting for the new kraton for about 4 months. Today im thinking about ordering the 1/7 fireteam, its the only truck instock at horizon europe. Do you guys think i will like it? Btw i will also get the kraton once its in stock. Shall i get the fireteam?

Fast Attack!
You're going to have a Blast!

If you like a Kraton XL you'll like the Fireteam. If you view a Kraton XL as a RC school bus then I would pass on the Fireteam.

Well i have just placed the order, it looks likes lots of fun, i cant wait...

Im still getting the kraton 6s, so i wanted something a bit different
It's a great rig....good order, and a good basher...

I love it for the ground, bashing little air. I'm not a send-it guy. I have a farm spot my friend owns like this I run mine, and the drift and performance are great with the FT

Pass the 6 minutes in this video is where I stop It's not my style. Only 1-6min mark is all me all day with the FT!

You can probably find one used for cheaper that have some upgrades, if you want a receiver with a gyro and keep the the handbrake you can get a dumbo rc or Rlaarlo 8 channel for 40$

On slippery surface the gyro is nice, plowed snow roads/parking lots.

Size wise the Fireteam is 👍🏻

It's a great rig....good order, and a good basher...

I love it for the ground, bashing little air. I'm not a send-it guy. I have a farm spot my friend owns like this I run mine, and the drift and performance are great with the FT

Pass the 6 minutes in this video is where I stop It's not my style. Only 1-6min mark is all me all day with the FT!

Thats a nice a video, im not a send it guy either, first 6min are awesome, ill have a good time, looks to be an awesome truck and a lot of fun

Well i have just placed the order, it looks likes lots of fun, i cant wait...

Im still getting the kraton 6s, so i wanted something a bit different

Thats a nice a video, im not a send it guy either, first 6min are awesome, ill have a good time, looks to be an awesome truck and a lot of fun

You will Not be disappointed!
FT & K6S will Both plaster BIG smiles on your face.

Superb investments. 💥👊🍺

Last edited:
After going back and looking through the parts, the Big Rock has some items that I think make it worth it over the FireTeam. For starters, you get a lot more EXB stuff. The FireTeam has mostly RTR parts in it, ie 31mm diff with straight cut gears. The Big Rock 6S has the 29mm diff with helical gears. The servo is stronger, and it doesn’t come with a ‘useless’ rear handbrake. Is a handbrake cool for drifting on-road? Yes! Is it useful for an off-road car that can break free on command? Ehhhh…

In short, the Big Rock isn’t just a FireTeam with a different body on it. It is the next iteration of it, and much tougher than it’s predecessor.

Here is my FireTeam now, almost done building. I switched over to mostly EXB parts, it would’ve been cheaper and easier to just start off with better parts. It’s mostly TI and CF now.
IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_4927.jpeg
After going back and looking through the parts, the Big Rock has some items that I think make it worth it over the FireTeam. For starters, you get a lot more EXB stuff. The FireTeam has mostly RTR parts in it, ie 31mm diff with straight cut gears. The Big Rock 6S has the 29mm diff with helical gears. The servo is stronger, and it doesn’t come with a ‘useless’ rear handbrake. Is a handbrake cool for drifting on-road? Yes! Is it useful for an off-road car that can break free on command? Ehhhh…

In short, the Big Rock isn’t just a FireTeam with a different body on it. It is the next iteration of it, and much tougher than it’s predecessor.

Here is my FireTeam now, almost done building. I switched over to mostly EXB parts, it would’ve been cheaper and easier to just start off with better parts. It’s mostly TI and CF now.
View attachment 351443
View attachment 351444
I’m also trying one with an almost full CF build. This one is using the ScorchedRC CF chassis.
IMG_4927.jpeg

It arrived, its been almost 10 years since the last time i opened a new rc car, what a feeling. Here it os next to my savage flux which has just been rebuild.

For the fireteam, i moved the battery tray back and also added some washers to the body screws. I also got the M4x18 screws for the motor mount.

Also got 2x gensacearespammers 8000mah 3s and waiting on the 6800mah 120c ones, hopefully they will get pass customs.
IMG_20240328_133346.jpg
IMG_20240328_143012.jpg
IMG_20240413_215437.jpg
IMG_20240416_223051.jpg
IMG_20240416_223637.jpg

Last edited:
That new car smell. Nothing like it, and you got the one that you wanted. Love the whole thing and the black. You will love it. 6s of raw power. Now all you need to do is have fun with it. 💥

I will, i haven't driven it yet, but im getting ready to. But im thinking of opening the diffs to add some oil. I guess there is only grease inside the spider gears?

I will, i haven't driven it yet, but im getting ready to. But im thinking of opening the diffs to add some oil. I guess there is only grease inside the spider gears?
Looks like 10,000 cst fluid for F/R and 200k for the center differential. At least that's what the manual says. Good idea to take the diffs apart and have a look-see, if you feel comfortable with that. (y)

It arrived, its been almost 10 years since the last time i opened a new rc car, what a feeling. Here it os next to my savage flux which has just been rebuild.

For the fireteam, i moved the battery tray back and also added some washers to the body screws. I also got the M4x18 screws for the motor mount.

Also got 2x gensacearespammers 8000mah 3s and waiting on the 6800mah 120c ones, hopefully they will get pass customs.
View attachment 361244View attachment 361245View attachment 361246View attachment 361248View attachment 361249
Did you throw it on a corner scale before you moved the battery? I found it to be incredibly rear wheel weight biased, even after removing the handbrake.

looks better without the body on ;)
Lol

Back