Limitless First speed run ever! Any guidance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first ever speed runs this morning and I am hooked! I'm excited to see how changing the car will affect speeds. My current goal is 100 mph on 3S.

Run 1, battery 1, 1135 ft: 72 mph
Run 2, battery 1, 1100 ft: 71 mph
Run 3, battery 2, 1215 ft: 73 mph

The car tracked straight. Since I have the perfect pass, I just hit full throttle from a stop instead of feathering.

Considering the motor temps were so low, it seems like I simply have to gear up. Do you agree? Any concerns with the amount of voltage sag or anything else in the log or setup?

• Limitless V1 with 32p/30s gearing
  • XLX2 (timing 0, punch control 80%)
  • 1515 2200kv motor
  • CNHL 3S 9.5ah 90C
  • Perfect Pass launch control (max setting)
  • Outside temp was 45F

View attachment 325698

View attachment 325699
Looks like you are on your way to great PB's.
Punch or Power level should always be at lowest for Speed running. With PP throttle control, maybe you are fine anyway. IDK. Perfect Pass take scontrol over Thr. Punch anyway.
Your 3rd pass at 73, was probabaly your PB because you ran farther and let the motor breathe for longer.
If 73mph is your best, and can do that consistently, then you are ready to gear up for sure. Temps are great.
Nice work. The speed bug got you.:cool:

What’s the benefit of only using 3S when you have a plenty capable 6S system? Throw another 3S battery in it and just go 100mph right away, then gear up with lower voltage. Gonna need a lot more room to push that car 100mph on 11V

It’s like bragging you ran a quarter mile with 3 spark plug wires pulled on a v6, doesn’t really make sense to me… 🤷‍♂️
I’ll go big someday. More voltage and bigger motors.

But first I want to learn speed running - suspension setup, electronics settings, reading data logs, gearing/amp/heat equation, aero, tx/rx distance, preventing crashes, finding roads, etc.

My priority is to learn in a safe environment, rather than taking unnecessary risks to hit a number. It’s okay if that means it’ll take longer.

I’ll go big someday. More voltage and bigger motors.

But first I want to learn speed running - suspension setup, electronics settings, reading data logs, gearing/amp/heat equation, aero, tx/rx distance, preventing crashes, finding roads, etc.

My priority is to learn in a safe environment, rather than taking unnecessary risks to hit a number. It’s okay if that means it’ll take longer.
Perfect approach.

Check out this craziness from today
Wow, that’s crazy! I guess your speed run road might be for 1:1’s too! 😂
Ever seen those jerky boys around before?

Check out this craziness from today
Holy sh!t! Those stupid mf’ers almost took your door off and hit you guys on the second pass! 😳 I would have been so pissed!! 🤬 You should of took down their plates and called them in.. I realize you’re doing sketchy stuff too but that was NUTS!!!! 🤦🏼‍♂️

It looks like you are doing it right by taking it slow.

Slowly add 1 tooth on the pinion at a time and see how the car responds.

I track my runs in a spreadsheet and it helps me understand what is going on when I compare the data. Looking at values at the final part of the run just before you hit the brakes is the key data you want. You are evaluating how was the voltage after the amperage spike came down. Did my voltage hold up to the amperage needs. How were my RPMs at peak speed. Motor temps vs ambient. Details like that are what I track...

Suspension is a key point and it changes a lot from 80 mph to 100+. Shock travel limiters are key. K-bash is a great resource for these cars (I don't own any of these models from Arrma)

I did my first ever speed runs this morning and I am hooked! I'm excited to see how changing the car will affect speeds. My current goal is 100 mph on 3S.

Run 1, battery 1, 1135 ft: 72 mph
Run 2, battery 1, 1100 ft: 71 mph
Run 3, battery 2, 1215 ft: 73 mph

The car tracked straight. Since I have the perfect pass, I just hit full throttle from a stop instead of feathering.

Considering the motor temps were so low, it seems like I simply have to gear up. Do you agree? Any concerns with the amount of voltage sag or anything else in the log or setup?

• Limitless V1 with 32p/30s gearing
  • XLX2 (timing 0, punch control 80%)
  • 1515 2200kv motor
  • CNHL 3S 9.5ah 90C
  • Perfect Pass launch control (max setting)
  • Outside temp was 45F

View attachment 325698

View attachment 325699
Watch out for road deflectors 👍
Holy sh!t! Those stupid mf’ers almost took your door off and hit you guys on the second pass! 😳 I would have been so pissed!! 🤬 You should of took down their plates and called them in.. I realize you’re doing sketchy stuff too but that was NUTS!!!! 🤦🏼‍♂️
This is when you lay down some boards with nails in it. 🤣🤣🤣 that will show them that k bash owns that road boyeeeeee...show them who's boss👍

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back