Foam came out when venting tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
Hi all, hope to get some advice on this. Went in with a small drill bit to vent these tires but a little bit of foam got chewed up and came out. They are 1/16 redcat volcano tires and I just glued the hole in the rim shut. Do I need to do anything or replace this tire? What is the best way to vent the rest so I don’t ruin the foams?

IMG_2638.jpeg

Hi all, hope to get some advice on this. Went in with a small drill bit to vent these tires but a little bit of foam got chewed up and came out. They are 1/16 redcat volcano tires and I just glued the hole in the rim shut. Do I need to do anything or replace this tire? What is the best way to vent the rest so I don’t ruin the foams?
Go fast/rpm with the drill bit and slow with the press. Little bit of foam lost in those tires won't hurt anything.

Edit-Good Luck heating up a bit or sharp brass tube piercing through 1/8" thick MT rubber tires. ;)

Last edited:
I like to heat up the drill bit red hot (or soldering iron) and just poke a hole that way. Less grabby, little more stinky, unless you like the smell of burning rubber of course

Burn rubber, not your foams.

Use sharpened brass tubing and a standard drill/driver. You can sharpen the end with a hobby knife. Cuts a perfect hole in the tire and removes the extra. No heat needed.

Use sharpened brass tubing and a standard drill/driver. You can sharpen the end with a hobby knife. Cuts a perfect hole in the tire and removes the extra. No heat needed.
Exactly how I do it. 👍

Thanks for the advice guys, next time I’ll use the tubing! Hopefully my tires aren’t ruined from my primal drill bit method…

I just use this particular dremel bit at a high speed to punch through to vent. Evenly space the holes. 2 holes a tire. No problems. Foams do okay. On this tire, the foams are black, so you are looking at the foam without realizing it. To seal the inside rims, I smear black gasket maker, cut strips of silicone tape, and lay the tape down. Then let dry. Seals em' up.

20240401_215209.jpg

20240401_215245.jpg

20240401_220045.jpg

20240401_220100.jpg

Back