HH came through on my warranty claim - partially

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
If you recall, I had a stripped grub screw on the left of my CVD driveshafts, so I couldn't disassemble the steering unit. I got the warranty parts today, but HH left the most important parts out of the order - the steering blocks and the hexes. I bought parts from Jenny's while waiting for Horizon to come through, and I'm glad I did. If I ever need to take apart the stuff I got from Jenny's, I'll have new wheel bearings, CVD driveshafts (complete), grub screws, and a 16T pinion (see below). What HH sent me was in pairs, not just one side, so that's a plus.

Looking at the order closely, the part number for the hex on the exploded view must be wrong: it's the same part number as the pinion I was sent. I rechecked the exploded views, and the pinion has a totally different part number - not even close - so someone at Arrma screwed up. And I guess I missed sending the part number for the steering blocks: I did tell HH to include anything I might have missed, but I guess the guy ordering the parts didn't have a clue as to what was needed for a complete front steering unit.

If you recall, I had a stripped grub screw on the left of my CVD driveshafts, so I couldn't disassemble the steering unit. I got the warranty parts today, but HH left the most important parts out of the order - the steering blocks and the hexes. I bought parts from Jenny's while waiting for Horizon to come through, and I'm glad I did. If I ever need to take apart the stuff I got from Jenny's, I'll have new wheel bearings, CVD driveshafts (complete), grub screws, and a 16T pinion (see below). What HH sent me was in pairs, not just one side, so that's a plus.

Looking at the order closely, the part number for the hex on the exploded view must be wrong: it's the same part number as the pinion I was sent. I rechecked the exploded views, and the pinion has a totally different part number - not even close - so someone at Arrma screwed up. And I guess I missed sending the part number for the steering blocks: I did tell HH to include anything I might have missed, but I guess the guy ordering the parts didn't have a clue as to what was needed for a complete front steering unit.
Go figure.. LOL. So, even when doing the right thing they still screwed up🤪😂

Back