For all you airbrush people out there... I need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
I just purchased (see picture below). I also bought a couple packs of Testors Acrylic Paint in various colors (see picture below). I know that if I need it thinner, I can use acrylic paint thinner. Anyone have experience with this paint? I am tired of using paint cans and want to experiment. Any advice? Anyone have success with these acrylic paints? I have heard mixed reviews on the proline airbrush paint. I have a large air compressor and bought a regulator with water removal and all the hoses/attachments. This will be for painting bodies and figures to go in the interior.

Airbrush.png
Testors.png

I just purchased (see picture below). I also bought a couple packs of Testors Acrylic Paint in various colors (see picture below). I know that if I need it thinner, I can use acrylic paint thinner. Anyone have experience with this paint? I am tired of using paint cans and want to experiment. Any advice? Anyone have success with these acrylic paints? I have heard mixed reviews on the proline airbrush paint. I have a large air compressor and bought a regulator with water removal and all the hoses/attachments. This will be for painting bodies and figures to go in the interior.

View attachment 266195View attachment 266196
You definitely do not want to use that paint if you’re trying to paint an rc body
Acrylic does not stick to the lexan and will flake off.

What you want is Createx/spaz stix/proline paints.

The createx is mostly what I use ..it’s water based and cleans and shoots nicely.. you mix a little of the color with their 4050 clear for good adhesion.

Spaz stix is great but it’s solvent based so it requires using laquer thinner to clean and thin. Not a big deal but just make sure you have laquer thinner if your going to airbrush Solvent based Paints.

The most important part of painting these bodies is making sure you’ve properly prepared the body. I always scuff with scotchbrite and then use isopropyl alcohol to clean the inside very well before painting. I use liquid mask on everything I do these days as it makes it so much easier to create killer custom paint jobs

Here’s a couple I’ve done recently 👍🏼

1D31B06D-405E-4EFF-9507-9EADA7ADF07F.jpeg

87497964-C6AE-4251-B9E9-EC382886B142.jpeg

78A03139-D825-4C4A-94A1-7BD94607B796.jpeg

D2B35888-947C-4D02-B2EC-18A3E4126FD0.jpeg

BB538AF4-77D2-43F4-8D3E-A16FC467517B.jpeg

EC7361DD-C06C-46ED-A2F4-DCD5E6DDB46D.jpeg

FB9FC30F-BA20-46CE-9CC9-883900407E8B.jpeg

Oh wow! I will never be on that level... but I have successfully attempted stripes🤣 I gave this a try about a year ago with a cheap Harbor Freight airbrush and SpazSticks paint and cleaned everything with mineral spirits. The airbrush quit working after 1 body. I guess I will just use the acrylic paints for driver figures and plastic parts.

I have some proline paint and an American flag mask sheet on its way to me... wish me luck because I sure don't have the skill!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back