Big Rock Front wheels not aligned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hope your ok..

Can anybody help why is one side higher than the other please ?

My rod ends seem to be the right even lengths

Thanks so much

Simon

IMG_20240128_161133_219.jpg

Seems like something is sticking or bound..when your shocks are removed both arms should drop evenly down
Take your pins out .clean them well . reinstall and check again
On your lower control arms where the pin slides through make sure that area is also free of grease / dirt / gunk .after it's all clean and sliding pin ,lightly lube the pin . slide it back in forth into the arms until you feel no resistance..

Last edited:
Seems like something is sticking or bound..when your shocks are removed both arms should drop evenly down
On your lower control arms where the pin slides through make sure that area is also free of grease / dirt / gunk .after it's all clean and sliding pin ,lightly lube the pin . slide it back in forth into the arms until you feel no resistance..
Here is a video if it helps ..

I just changed the servo so I wonder if related ?

Thanks so much

Simon

Either there's something binding in your driveshaft or the inner lower hinge. Take apart the driveshaft by undoing the top suspension link on the binding side and verify everything is clean and not damaged. Then check by taking apart the lower hinge pin assembly.

Here Is another video ..

The hex ends don't seem even straight on both ends ?

I'd take it all apart .do a full inspection of all links ..tei rods .stearing links.something is either broken or bound ..both arms are supposed to drop evenly all the way down like your right side .which is your passengers side
Here is a video if it helps ..

I just changed the servo so I wonder if related ?

Thanks so much

Simon
Can you do a video of the left arm that's not dropping all the way down.you showed us the right side going up and down which is the good side ..I want to see what the tei rod and cv axel is doing .do it slow a few times then fast like lift the arm all the way up then let it drop.thanks
Here Is another video ..

The hex ends don't seem even straight on both ends ?
I don't see a second vid

Last edited:
I bet you have a broken C-hub or something there. Disassemble for a closer inspection. This is a common oversight.
The immediate first guess being poor wheel alignment.(n)

Something similar happened to my Big rock but it was my left shock shaft .from manufacturer they somehow stuck in a shorter shaft which made my arm not drop all the way ..I know this is not your case but just to show that there is multiple reasons when this situation happens..in your case something is broken or bound.

Brilliant I will dismantle and look into..

Do you guys have any tricks for removing the grub screw in the hex nut ?

Looks like I w burred the little grub screw over ):

Simon

Back