Granite Wheels not Returning to Center when Steering Left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey All,

I noticed the wheels do not return to the center/neutral position when I turn them left. They seem fine when I turn right. Here is a video:

Does this look like an issue with the endpoints or trim? Or does it appear to be some kind of mechanical binding? Thanks so much for any advice!

Doubt highly it the ST EPA. You would know, if you try and reset it, right?? And video doesn't show that to be the case.
Probably the Servo or even a bricked Servo Saver.
Stocker servos are shortlived and very weak anyway, if that is what you have in there. Normal grief, with most any OE RTR boxed servos.
You are not the first and won't be the last with this issue. You are not alone.:giggle:

It looks like the servo is moving with the arm?

I think I will reinstall it completely unless anyone has additional advice/suggestions.

Thanks!

Ok I slowed that down and at points it looks like the servo is not even trying to return. If you have another servo I would try it that one looks weak in my opinion. There is not even electronics buzz like its trying and servo saver does seam to be not working.

That our your steering is binding some were un hook the servo and move the front wheels while off the ground it should be with little to no resistance with out it attached to the servo.

If binding is found in the front end if you can't see it right away but know its there piece it apart checking for binding take one part off the steering check it again till you find it.

No binding and another known good servo does not fix it I would check receiver then BEC voltage next low power brown outs and servo maybe but not a high chance.

Thanks for the input!

I didn't find any binding in the front end with the servo disconnected from the linkage. I swapped out the servo with a new 25kg model. I am still getting the same issue.

I am using the red 25-tooth Arrma servo horn, which is plastic. If I had stripped it, could that be causing the issue?

The servo saver could be causing the problem. This thing. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/direct-mount-servo-saver-25t-spline/ARA340152.html
I just didn't see any thing that might say its that 100%. This or you are having some kind of power problem to the servo.

There are not many things left we know its not mechanical there is no binding. Know its not the servo tested and its good/new. Servo saver is the last mechanical part in the system. Receiver then BEC is next power side.

Looks to me like something is binding in your steering rack and/or servo saver … If it was mine I would disassemble the steering rack, clean it properly and check for scratches on the plastic. Might be a burr on the plastic parts preventing easy movement … dig in to it !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back