Big Rock Wheels flying off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch_joker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
Hi,

I love my big rock. Thing is a tank. There is one issue and that is the wheel flying off. Not sure how its call, i have found a YT video which shows the same issue.

Is there any good fix/upgrade?

For metal to metal contact (like the screw into the stub axles), things can vibrate loose unless you add loctite. When into plastic or if you have a soft/compressible gasket in between the metal surfaces, you don't need any.

And those 3s stub axles are notorious for just that. I've had them come off frequently. Add a dab of loctite when installing the drive shaft onto the stub axle.

#243 Blue loctite NOT RED. If you use red it will almost certainly mean a lot of damage when you do have to remove parts because red is meant to be permanent.

Last edited:
#243 Blue loctite NOT RED. If you use red it will almost certainly mean a lot of damage when you do have to remove the wheels because red is meant to be permanent.

He wasn't referring to the wheel nut though guys....
He showed a video referencing the stub axle coming loose.... something that you shouldn't need to take apart.....

Shouldn't need thread lock on a wheel nut period. If the nylon is worn- replace.
If 17mm lock nuts- upgrade to more aggressive serrated nuts.

He wasn't referring to the wheel nut though guys....
He showed a video referencing the stub axle coming loose.... something that you shouldn't need to take apart.....

Shouldn't need thread lock on a wheel nut period. If the nylon is worn- replace.
If 17mm lock nuts- upgrade to more aggressive serrated nuts.
Yep. Maby i was not clear😂 i hoped that the video made sense😁. I wil use blue locktite. Hopefully that does the job✌️

Regardless of what part is coming undone the rule of thumb is use blue loctite threadlock for metal to metal screws / bolts that may have to be undone at a later date. It is intended to stop metal to metal threads vibrating free. The use of red loctite is for a more permanent bond and can only be undone using heat.

Regardless of what part is coming undone the rule of thumb is use blue loctite threadlock for metal to metal screws / bolts that may have to be undone at a later date. It is intended to stop metal to metal threads vibrating free. The use of red loctite is for a more permanent bond and can only be undone using heat.

I'm far from new to the rc world. 30 years now. You do you, I'll do me.
I cannot think of a reason I'd want that particular screw to come back loose..

You also hold a high regard for the fact it won't come loose if you use red.. its not as permanent as you'd believe.
I have had way more issues removing black oxide screws from aluminum (no loctite) then I've ever had removing steel on steel with red loctite.

We don't have to have the same opinions, that would be boring 😉

Nylock is the type of screws you have as stock. Have plastic insert if you look closely. to keep them snug. But they wear out. Just use Blue TL as as stated above , let cure for 24 hours before running it. Using RED TL might be a real PIA to get off. Use some heat to remove them easily as with most any TL'ed screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back