Big Rock Cheap wheels AliExpress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Evening everyone

Can I ask has anyone purchased these 4 x wheels on AliExpress for big rock ?

We're they any good please ?

Seems like a great deal
Thanks so much

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £11.85 36%OFF | 4pcs 120mm 1/8 RC Off-Road Buggy Wheels Tire 17mm Hex for ARRMA Typhon Talion Traxxas Redcat Team Losi Kyosho HPI HSP VRX RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOVIRes

Simon

No experience with them. There are hundreds of this stuff out there. Your mileage will vary . Like stated above 90% of these cheap wheels require gluing. Not tragic as long as you are prepared for this. And yea the plastics are quite brittle I find.
If one breaks you are SOL. A fail. Can't run only 3 of them.
>>>At that price, pays to buy 2 sets, extras for spares as they break. Makes more sense to me to get 8 of them. or not get them at all. It's a toss up. May be ok for you.
TBH they look like a knock off of OG DTX Buggy wheels, same wheel at least, similar block tread.
>>>Honestly, I find that If I glue up my own wheels they never come apart. So I see that as one advantage.

Thank you for the advice.

Appreciated

Tyres seem so expensive.

Does anyone no of a setter quality set they have purchased please from AliExpress please ?

Thanks so much !

Simon

With ALiexpress you are pretty much treading new waters, with much of their stuff.
Give them a try. They are fairly cheap enough . I still say buy 8 of them if you do, not just 4 tires..
Anticipate that you will be gluing them yourself. I use BSI IC-2000 CA glue or AKA brand Tire CA for my RC tires. And always store CA in the fridge. Even unopened sealed CA will go bad and become weak over time. Need to always have some Good CA on hand to repair tires as the beads loosen or come apart. Always check the tire bead after running them.. And I always balance my wheels.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of “choons” and ya better glue em. I blew out two right off the jump. Foam came right off the side. I use em for hooning around but I will not speed run them

Thank you for the advice.

Appreciated

Tyres seem so expensive.

Does anyone no of a setter quality set they have purchased please from AliExpress please ?

Thanks so much !

Simon
You are learning quick that RC tires are good chunk of your RC budget. Always been that way.
And even with some popular expensive brands they can be a mixed bag, so price is not always the best determining factor. Even an expensive set of PL Buggy tires can have very poor glue build quality. Been there. That's why I actually prefer gluing any tire up myself out the gate, if I have the choice. I never had my own gluing come apart. I vent them at the rubber as well, while taping closed the vent on the inner wheel, FWIW. They will balloon less so and more evenly when the do..
Like when I raced. Serious racers always stay away from pre-mounted tires. They spend a fortune on tires too. So proper venting , gluing, and balancing them makes them last way longer. Whether just bashing or racing.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what they call those Generic copies of the Hoons. :LOL:
And are decently priced for just Hooning around drifting and all.

Yeah Chinese Knock-off's of the Arrma OE belted Hoons tires/wheels. Just with no branding on them, no name. So they were nick named Choons.:LOL:
The Chinese are known for copying everything.:giggle:

I myself never trust a factory glue job... I've ruined way to many tires over the years this way. Seems like even when they appear to be glued well they come apart more easily then they should.
Not prepping the surface well maybe. .

I sand my beads and give them a little texture to hold on to. Has always worked extremely well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back