Kraton Future of the 4S lineup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there will be a 4s v3 anytime soon, I think they will come out with a conversion kit for the 4s v2. My guess is we will see a 3S V4 before a new 4s . There may be difficult to fit the centerdiff in the 3s chassis. At least in the SWB, not sure if there are space left for a normal sized battery with the c-diff power module in it.

So it's not a center diff 🤷 but more of a second rear diff 🤣
No it's a center diff because it's the diff in between the other diffs. Does a mid motor engine car really have the motor in the middle of the car? No.

Oh yeah .don't redesign something worth it ,but they spend time designing the Gorgon lol.which doesn't make much sense lol 🤷. Either I'll probably buy just the center diff from the 4s Mojave and use it on my build ..I have a plan 🤔
The gorgon is perfect for its price point. The voltage granite needed a complete update

I’m guessing they will come out with a conversion/upgrade kit and then once they sell quite a few of those, they’ll maybe come out with a v3

The gorgon is perfect for its price point. The voltage granite needed a complete update
It's a brushed system,why would any one pay more 🤷 .most who have bought the Gorgon have already started thinking of going brushless and if not eventually they probably will.the Gorgon is good for a little kid to learn off of.Arrma has already made starter vehicles /mega versions so why waste time and money on something that you could have just made a better version of what s already available 🤷.seems like when a new version comes out its to fix the issues of the previous version..

It's a brushed system,why would any one pay more 🤷 .most who have bought the Gorgon have already started thinking of going brushless and if not eventually they probably will.the Gorgon is good for a little kid to learn off of.Arrma has already made starter vehicles /mega versions so why waste time and money on something that you could have just made a better version of what s already available 🤷.seems like when a new version comes out its to fix the issues of the previous version..
The mega 4x4 is terrible. Motors burn out esc too. Car is underwhelmingly bad at everything with brushed poeer. The goron is a real 2wd and the electronics work without bursting into flames. Theres no point of getting the mega when the brushless 4x4 exists. Yeah the gorgon is going to get brushless upgrade out of the box in most cases. But the price is worth it for what it is. A very durable 2qd truck perfect for a beginner. The mega 4x4 is not a beginner friendly truck at all

I think the Gorgon is a good platform for 3s .like you said it's a great price for the truck.people then can upgrade it to what they want..I agree with you.👍
The mega 4x4 is terrible. Motors burn out esc too. Car is underwhelmingly bad at everything with brushed poeer. The goron is a real 2wd and the electronics work without bursting into flames. Theres no point of getting the mega when the brushless 4x4 exists. Yeah the gorgon is going to get brushless upgrade out of the box in most cases. But the price is worth it for what it is. A very durable 2qd truck perfect for a beginner. The mega 4x4 is not a beginner friendly truck at all
That's a good thing .no fires .yet that we know of .it's still new and I'm sure someone will have a issue with something on it🤷.well maybey the Gorgon is a great beginner .cool 👍
Did you get one ? Let's see this thing 😁👍

That would be my guess for the next year or so until the V3's come out. The V2's have only been out about a year, although I probably single-handedly cut their projected sales in half for the V2's... :giggle:
I did buy a basher bar after yr review and after replacing one cracked chassis. I've been quite happy with outcast 4s. It's had less breakages than my first arrma purchase of a bigrock, but maybe I've learned how to jump better as well 😁😂🤣

Oh yeah .don't redesign something worth it ,but they spend time designing the Gorgon lol.which doesn't make much sense lol 🤷. Either I'll probably buy just the center diff from the 4s Mojave and use it on my build ..I have a plan 🤔
Apples and bowling balls, my friend. The Gorgon has an entirely different target market - it's an entry level car after-all. Certainly not a 4S rig. They have plenty of huge cars for the more experienced folks but much like chewing tobacco companies, get the youngin's hooked with the sweet flavors and then sell em the hardcore stuff!

EDIT: I am doing the same as you, grabbing the center diff as soon as it goes on sale and dropping it into my Kraton. Thing will be so much better, heck it'll help me out with racing this thing too lol

Apples and bowling balls, my friend. The Gorgon has an entirely different target market - it's an entry level car after-all. Certainly not a 4S rig. They have plenty of huge cars for the more experienced folks but much like chewing tobacco companies, get the youngin's hooked with the sweet flavors and then sell em the hardcore stuff!

EDIT: I am doing the same as you, grabbing the center diff as soon as it goes on sale and dropping it into my Kraton. Thing will be so much better, heck it'll help me out with racing this thing too lol
Seen gorgon on 3s being total weapons. Lets not forget arrma used to make and sell 2wd brushless vehicles
We got what a lot people wanted. A real 2wd platform. Not some whatever the boost line is. Entry level and a great handling 2wd vehicle

I’m guessing they will come out with a conversion/upgrade kit and then once they sell quite a few of those, they’ll maybe come out with a v3
I kind of doubt that. I could be wrong.. Arrma wants you to buy what they offer as a Boxed RTR.
If it doesn't make them Money, then they have no incentive to offer small upgrades.
But they should.

I kind of doubt that. I could be wrong.. Arrma wants you to buy what they offer as a Boxed RTR.
If it doesn't make them Money, then they have no incentive to offer small upgrades.
But they should.
Jason said its not compatible with the current trucks "yet". But seen people so far who say its conpatible and everything. But they don't have yet the metal mount to fully confirm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back