General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL thanks man!

Thanks! Despite all the bad talk I hear about Seaducers I am really impressed with it so far.
The strut is neutral.

That is literally the 3rd time the boat has been in the water and I'm talking about making 1 pass like you see in the video and brining it in... So needless to say very little testing done with it yet. These Seaducers don't run trim tabs... so its all about the weight balance with the LiPos. I am really close to having it dialed in.

After moving the LiPos, if it still has issues I'll adjust the strut and possibly play with the rudder angle too. Then I can play with different props too, but I think this one is a winner. It is a Dasbota x645 and is my favorite for Mono hulls.

I pulled the data and it was over 500 amps, but I guess that is the nature of the beast with a short run

View attachment 362689
There is also the X646/3 which is an EXCELLENT mono prop

There is also the X646/3 which is an EXCELLENT mono prop

My understanding is that a 3 blade will increase the load and I am already at 500+ amps. I don't think the existing motor/system can take it...

I highly recommend a zippkits fe 33 kit as a first wood kit build. https://zippkits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=649

This has been so easy yet enjoyable to build. The laser cuts are perfect. Everything just fits together like a puzzle 🧩.
I purchased their pre bent tube, and separately a quick change motor mount from off shore electrics.

So far the kit + pre-bent tube + motor mount + epoxy has me around $180.00 which is great I think.

IMG20240426085551.jpg

The kit comes with an instruction book and is easy to follow:
IMG20240426085603.jpg

Last edited:
I had a good day at the lake yesterday, found a good setup for my TFL Osprey. The data log is below.
I had run an X447 prop previously and it was good, but this was the first run with a prepped X646. It was only a couple laps as the collet came loose and I had to stop, but it ran solid and stable 76mph laps without even getting to full throttle.
This isn't a SAW boat, just a fast oval boat so I haven't ran a high rake speed prop on it yet, but now I'm curious to see what it will do on a nice full throttle run with this X646 prop.. I'm betting it has at least 80mph in it, and on something like a Dasboata prepped ABC high rake speed prop probably over 90mph.
Its a TFL Osprey Carbon fiber 42" deep V hull, with XLX2 and 1650 KV SSS 4092 motor on 8s, with a Octura X646 prepped prop.. I need to remember to loctite the collet on this boat, the torque keeps loosening it up after a few laps lol. I also lightly sanded the bottom 3rd of the hull, and cut 1 inch off the rudder. This is a dual layer CF and Kevlar layup so its solid and not lightweight but super stable at speed so I don't mind the weight. I'll add the video once I get back home later tonight

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

I had a good day at the lake yesterday, found a good setup for my TFL Osprey. The data log is below.
I had run an X447 prop previously and it was good, but this was the first run with a prepped X646. It was only a couple laps as the collet came loose and I had to stop, but it ran solid and stable 76mph laps without even getting to full throttle.
This isn't a SAW boat, just a fast oval boat so I haven't ran a high rake speed prop on it yet, but now I'm curious to see what it will do on a nice full throttle run with this X646 prop.. I'm betting it has at least 80mph in it, and on something like a Dasboata prepped ABC high rake speed prop probably over 90mph.
Its a TFL Osprey Carbon fiber 42" deep V hull, with XLX2 and 1650 KV SSS 4092 motor on 8s, with a Octura X646 prepped prop.. I need to remember to loctite the collet on this boat, the torque keeps loosening it up after a few laps lol. I also lightly sanded the bottom 3rd of the hull, and cut 1 inch off the rudder. This is a dual layer CF and Kevlar layup so its solid and not lightweight but super stable at speed so I don't mind the weight. I'll add the video once I get back home later tonight

View attachment 364127

View attachment 364128

View attachment 364129

View attachment 364130
My experience with monos is that 1.4 and 1.6 pitch low rake props work best. I tried an ABC 1817 on my mono and it was a giant turd.(But my favorite on hydros/riggers)

It created too much transom lift and made the mono ride very wet. Pulled really high amps.

It will be interesting if you have a different experience...

This is a fantastic thread. I’ve been watching a ton of videos about “set up” and props. The works. I’m a noob but boats are ridiculously fun. @King blitz got me hooked and I had to take care of kid stuff before I bought a second boat. Im 56 with 17 years old boy/girl twins and a 15 year old stepdaughter. At least they all have jobs. Kids. Thank goodness I never grew up. It’s a trap. But I’m getting a sonic wake as my next boat. I really like the idea of having it always flip over…😆 Plus it’s a great 2nd boat in my book. Post some more videos if you can fellas!

I've been slacking lately.havnt ran any of my boats this spring yet.🤔 But this thread is motivating me back into it ..I enjoy all aspects of boating.sometimes I'm in the mood to make waves on a quiet pond other times I just like putting along like a old man 🤷 .I used to have a fishing Rc boat.it held trout pellets and you would use the servo that opened up a hatch and it would release the pellets.and that's when I would cast to get the trout lol.yes I cheated 😁👍 .my issue here in Rhode we have tons of lakes and ponds but trying to find one that people don't go fishing is the issue.. People cut their lines and let them float on the water and fishing line and a prop don't go together.sometimes I bring my salt water fishing rod and do a bunch of casts with a huge bober on it and just keep reeling it in to catch any floating line .kinda a pain in arsss

View attachment 364127

View attachment 364128

View attachment 364129

View attachment 364130
That looks like a VERY proper set up Oval duty mono :love: a BIG YES to the use of the Octura X646/3 .... Wicked fast prop & they handle very well too !!

View attachment 364127

View attachment 364128

View attachment 364129

View attachment 364130

I didn't realize initially it was running 8s! She rips and turns beautifully.
104 F and 277a are all in the realm of safe. Sweet setup!!!

I plan to send you a gift to go with this boat. Just ordered some parts from Off shore Electrics and once it comes in I'll get your address.
Thanks for sharing the love brother!

@Notoriousone

I dug up some old data from 2022 when I was testing all sorts of different props on my 42" mono running 4 cell. All were running in the 45-52mph range using a 1700kv TP4070 motor and data logging via the XLX2.

I think the differences grow significantly at higher rpms when running 6s or 8s but there was some interesting findings with the efficiency of the props while on 4s.
The Octura X447 I modified more pitch angle into and likely was more like a 1.6 pitch. The X645 is a Dasbota prop and still my favorite to this day for my Mono hulls. The blades are so thin and as you can see the prop is extremely efficient!

That ABC 1817 (45mm diameter) pulled more amps than the 55mm 3-blade 1.9 pitch V955/3.

1714750438908.png

Last edited:
Back