Kraton Good lube and stuff to shine up the rig ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does anyone know of any lubricant for bearings and gears that won’t leave a white film behind . I have bought two kinds and they leave a white film I don’t like . And what is good to use to spray all over the vehicle to shine it up ...

Does anyone know of any lubricant for bearings and gears that won’t leave a white film behind . I have bought two kinds and they leave a white film I don’t like . And what is good to use to spray all over the vehicle to shine it up ...
A regular member here showed this spray and I like it. I do Simple Green soak and wash it off. Air dry with a small compressor, and then spray this stuff everywhere and wipe down.
Bearings I use Slip from AVID.

A regular member here showed this spray and I like it. I do Simple Green soak and wash it off. Air dry with a small compressor, and then spray this stuff everywhere and wipe down.
Bearings I use Slip from AVID.
Does that spray leave everything really shiny and new or is their a film
Moo-Slick by Cow RC! Stuff is great...it will shine up your ride and lube the bearings at the same time. Pledge works great on the body....or a spray wax!
[/QUOT. So this spray will libe all the bearings and gears and shine up the whole rc with no film ??

I reckon it's shiny and new imo. It's bike spray. otoh, it has a smell that is floral and too much for me. I don't really care for sweet smelling stuff. The compound though works very well.

There is a slight film. I usually spray it on, avoiding the ESC and work it in all the crevices with brushes. It will dry after 24 hours.

Something else that would be good is 303 Aerospace protectant. It’s water based and works great on boats and cars and dries film free.

Nothing beats Dusty Motors Protective Coat. I spray it on all my RC rigs, fantastic stuff and lasts about a year ?

off topic, but what wing mount are you using? looks beefy
That's a stock wing mount. I haven't found that there is an aftermarket that won't break just as easily so I just buy stock three at a time. I break wing mounts more than anything.

Last edited:
I use this stuff and It is safe for electronics just don't get it on your hard wood floors without knowing you'll bust your ass if you walk on it just throwing that out there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-135110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-135110_Chrome.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 49
There's a silicone WD 40 I've been using that doesn't have that smell. It repels water and dirt and protects from rust and shines nicely. Alot of guys use water in some step of cleaning process which I personally avoid unless it's been through a mud bash and it's wet anyways. I'll brush and air blow then WD-40 as mentioned above and lube with a lithium dirt repel joints and gears.

There's a silicone WD 40 I've been using that doesn't have that smell. It repels water and dirt and protects from rust and shines nicely. Alot of guys use water in some step of cleaning process which I personally avoid unless it's been through a mud bash and it's wet anyways. I'll brush and air blow then WD-40 as mentioned above and lube with a lithium dirt repel joints and gears.
with the silicone I spray it down before I run it and normally I just hit It with an air compressor and she still looks brand new dirt and dust don't stick to it and water rolls off it like a ducks back no soap no water just compressed air and spray it down again and shes ready to go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back