Big Rock BR6s w/M2C and Stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
BR just got delivered last week. Drove it for a bit, and realized that I'm gonna have to upgrade a few pieces. Besides, I can NEVER leave anything stock. HA HA Only parts that have not been delivered yet, are the hinge blocks for front and rear. After they get here, time to build! I have some wheels on order. Which are the Sweep Racing Terrain Crusher's. I've had these before on my Talion, and they worked well. The BR won't be a speed r/c, but more of a basher. (not pictured - m2c shock caps kit)

20231201_091141.jpg

20231201_091154.jpg

Untitled.png

BR just got delivered last week. Drove it for a bit, and realized that I'm gonna have to upgrade a few pieces. Besides, I can NEVER leave anything stock. HA HA Only parts that have not been delivered yet, are the hinge blocks for front and rear. After they get here, time to build! I have some wheels on order. Which are the Sweep Racing Terrain Crusher's. I've had these before on my Talion, and they worked well. The BR won't be a speed r/c, but more of a basher. (not pictured - m2c shock caps kit)

View attachment 334868

View attachment 334869

View attachment 334871
How's the Big Rock body? Detailed? Durable?
You're just a Fully stocked RC Performance Shop reving to go! 🔥👍
I've seen that shop and you are not wrong :ROFLMAO:

You're just a Fully stocked RC Performance Shop reving to go! 🔥👍

Yessir! LOL
How's the Big Rock body? Detailed? Durable?

I've seen that shop and you are not wrong :ROFLMAO:

So far, its pretty durable. I've tumbled and rolled it several times. Zero damage. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am very hard on my r/c's. I do see some issues, such as the front grill, (pictured), with stuff getting in and such. What happens, is that when you run it thru mud/water, it gets in between. It's a mess. Drainage isn't the greatest. But, I see that this will only really happen, if you constantly land on your nose and dig in. You have the front grill, then another piece, then you have the front end structure, under the body. That ties it all together. The rest of it, I'll reserve judgement until I run it more. As for details, I like it. I like the little touches here and there.

Additional Parts Added to build:

PPS Mount
HR Aluminum Diff Case F/R
HR Rear Aluminum Hubs
Scorched Steering Knuckle Long Type Aluminum - I don't know if these will work, but I will see when I get to that point. Otherwise, I'll go with HR Front Aluminum Hubs
Saga Pinion
80weight shock oil
Fast Eddie Ceramic Bearing Kit

BR1.jpg

BR1_1.jpg

20231201_102448.jpg

20231201_102549.jpg

20231201_102607.jpg

20231201_102614.jpg

20231201_102622.jpg

20231201_102650.jpg

Last edited:
Finally started the build. So far so good. I'm diggin the scorched knuckles. So much easier to install/maintain. The only thing so far that I have added, is the HR aluminum servo components. Including a HR aluminum servo saver. I didn't like the stock one. For me, it felt kind of sloppy. I went with a Saga 18T pinion. I added a metal EXB center diff. Center diff has 1M. I would like to add that the M2C outdrive shafts are very beefy! I'm hoping to complete this by Sunday. But we shall see. LOL

20231208_160508.jpg

20231208_200913.jpg

20231208_200930.jpg

20231208_200942.jpg

20231208_201014.jpg

20231208_201025.jpg

So, I wake up this morning thinking that I missed something so far in the build. I thought about it when I went to bed last night. I just continued with the front end, when it hit me. The hinge pins were backwards. When you put on the front skid mount, you won't be able to secure it. That is because, since the hinge pins were on backwards, you can't get a lock nut in there. Swapped. As I was looking over the front end, I noticed a crack in the upper suspension mount. If you look at the above post, you can see the crack. I don't know how I missed it, the first time. Swapped it out with a EXB mount and pins. Fixed. Now for the rear end.

20231209_113651.jpg

20231209_115710.jpg

20231209_113702.jpg

20231209_113420.jpg

20231209_115922.jpg

20231209_113639.jpg

Well, the rear end is done. I did have 1 issue. That was with the rear braces. Since I decided to go with M2C rear shock tower brace, I just figured all I had to do, was to drill out holes in the carbon fiber rear tower. That was a HUGE NOPE! Why? Because of the holes that needed to be drilled, are very very close to the center holes of the carbon fiber shock tower. These M2C pieces are really made for the stock part. Not carbon fiber. Heck, M2C even says that when you purchase them. So, I went back to stock, and everything seems to be ok. Though, I did have to finagle the chassis brace, to be able to attach it to the rear brace. The yellow arrow points to the stock rear brace. I'm hoping someone comes up with a better solution than stock. Otherwise, everything went smooth. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be able to finish off this Big Rock. Only problem with that statement, is that the 50F degree temps that we had out here are gone. It'll be about 20F tomorrow. Yuck.

20231209_200110.jpg

20231209_200115.jpg

20231209_200135.jpg

20231209_200153.jpg

20231209_200213.jpg

20231209_200250.jpg

20231209_200340.jpg

Ran into another problem, but it was a simple fix. I was only able to get full click to only one side of the steering range, No biggie. Easy fix. I flipped the mount. Everything is good now. Looking forward to test and tune tomorrow.

Solid build (y) , would be curious how much it weighs with tires, battery, and body.

Hey bro - is this you? (same name and all - LOL)

- kick butt video - very informative. subscribed.

IMG_20231211_173354_01.jpg.jpeg

First run after the fresh build, what have we learned? It's fast. Even though, with the terrain crushers I didn't get alot of traction. I'm gonna say that is because the ground is very cold. Since in the summer months, with my talion, roughly the same build, it stuck like glue. I jumped it a couple of times. Nothing to high. Maybe 2-5ft at the most. Took it like a champ. I'm definitely going to love playing in the snow with this rig. I wonder how it would perform with some paddle tires on it? (snow)

@trunkmonkey1

Nice build brother! Sorry I didn't reply sooner as I just saw this post after searching "M2C shock towers" as I'm in the process of buying a set to replace the Chinesium units. How are the M2C CF units holding up? Recommend them? Any mods needed for a successful install?

@trunkmonkey1

Nice build brother! Sorry I didn't reply sooner as I just saw this post after searching "M2C shock towers" as I'm in the process of buying a set to replace the Chinesium units. How are the M2C CF units holding up? Recommend them? Any mods needed for a successful install?

CF's are holding pretty nicely. I do recommend them. Everything went together smoothly. If you are asking if I needed anything else to put it all together, my answer would be no.

First run after the fresh build, what have we learned? It's fast. Even though, with the terrain crushers I didn't get alot of traction. I'm gonna say that is because the ground is very cold. Since in the summer months, with my talion, roughly the same build, it stuck like glue. I jumped it a couple of times. Nothing to high. Maybe 2-5ft at the most. Took it like a champ. I'm definitely going to love playing in the snow with this rig. I wonder how it would perform with some paddle tires on it? (snow)
Question for you where did you find the rear rear hinge bumper mount I looked everywhere and couldn't find one
Well, the rear end is done. I did have 1 issue. That was with the rear braces. Since I decided to go with M2C rear shock tower brace, I just figured all I had to do, was to drill out holes in the carbon fiber rear tower. That was a HUGE NOPE! Why? Because of the holes that needed to be drilled, are very very close to the center holes of the carbon fiber shock tower. These M2C pieces are really made for the stock part. Not carbon fiber. Heck, M2C even says that when you purchase them. So, I went back to stock, and everything seems to be ok. Though, I did have to finagle the chassis brace, to be able to attach it to the rear brace. The yellow arrow points to the stock rear brace. I'm hoping someone comes up with a better solution than stock. Otherwise, everything went smooth. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be able to finish off this Big Rock. Only problem with that statement, is that the 50F degree temps that we had out here are gone. It'll be about 20F tomorrow. Yuck.

View attachment 336232

View attachment 336233

View attachment 336234

View attachment 336235

View attachment 336236

View attachment 336237

View attachment 336238
New to the hobby building the same truck curious is the front hinge pin bumper mount and the rear the same??? Can't find but only the front they look similar

Last edited:
Question for you where did you find the rear rear hinge bumper mount I looked everywhere and couldn't find one

New to the hobby building the same truck curious is the front hinge pin bumper mount and the rear the same??? Can't find but only the front they look similar

The hinge pins for the front and rear are different. I got both of mine from M2C.

Front: https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...w-BUMPER-MOUNT/p/478044760/category=158862972

Rear: https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...N-RETAINER-KIT/p/478044759/category=158862972

Hope this helps, and have fun building!

1 more question couldn't find any info on the links size I ordered some titanium links from scorched that are for the 6s kraton do you know if that is the same size as the br6

1 more question couldn't find any info on the links size I ordered some titanium links from scorched that are for the 6s kraton do you know if that is the same size as the br6
BR6:

TURNBUCKLE 5X89MM STEEL BLACK - Item No.ARAC9393 - same as AR330221 <---- rear​

TURNBUCKLE 4X95MM STEEL BLACK - Item No.ARAC9389 - same as AR340071 <---- front​

K6 EXB 1/8 scale:

STEEL TURNBUCKLE M5X95MM SILVER - Item No.ARA330662 <---- rear​

K6 4x4 1/8 scale:

TURNBUCKLE 5X89MM STEEL BLACK - Item No.ARAC9393 <---- rear​

K6 v5 1/8 scale:

TURNBUCKLE 5X89MM STEEL BLACK - Item No.ARAC9393 <---- rear​

Last edited:
The only thing so far that I have added, is the HR aluminum servo components. Including a HR aluminum servo saver. I didn't like the stock one. For me, it felt kind of sloppy.

View attachment 335996
Hey bud. Do you have the part numbers handy for the HR servo saver? I check the site but they aren’t listed under Big Rock 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back