Infraction GPM Aluminium Knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboWillybags

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’ve just got some GPM aluminium knuckles and they don’t seem to be compatible with the rear CVD cup. I put the bearings into the knuckle, put the cup in but the hole for the pin that goes through the hex isn’t far enough past the outer bearing so I cannot get the pin through. I track the issue back to the cup touching a metal surface inside the knuckle itself, rather than the cup pushing snug up against the inside bearing race. Have others had this issue? What’s the solution - do I need GPM rear cvd and cups too?

I cant speak to much for the Infraction itself but I know with other models all the diff / drive parts are different sizes for either normal or the EXB optional parts. Also some people have had similar issues with the version type when it comes to the knuckles.

I’ve just got some GPM aluminium knuckles and they don’t seem to be compatible with the rear CVD cup. I put the bearings into the knuckle, put the cup in but the hole for the pin that goes through the hex isn’t far enough past the outer bearing so I cannot get the pin through. I track the issue back to the cup touching a metal surface inside the knuckle itself, rather than the cup pushing snug up against the inside bearing race. Have others had this issue? What’s the solution - do I need GPM rear cvd and cups too?
I’ve Installed 3 sets of these on my limitless cars without issue
Using all the stock parts
Sounds like you might have an issue with that set

074A3B8C-4F39-42AD-9B91-6B106A1BA2BC.jpeg

B58F854A-FBF2-4C07-AAC5-4B03BAB3D0F9.jpeg

465A5F0A-971E-4E15-BBD5-D6C86053954C.jpeg

624A8C14-CE4C-4FC9-B017-06F94527BE67.jpeg

54DC82F0-FA6C-46EB-8EBD-8518E76A30C5.jpeg

527F07AD-9E7E-4D0C-90F4-9666F6AB1478.jpeg

Fitment issues with GPM parts is not uncommon. I have a set of their CVDs on my Outcast and one side the hole for the pin is a hair closer to the hub than it is on the other, it fits a bit tighter but doesn't cause any binding in the hub thankfully.

Fitment issues with GPM parts is not uncommon. I have a set of their CVDs on my Outcast and one side the hole for the pin is a hair closer to the hub than it is on the other, it fits a bit tighter but doesn't cause any binding in the hub thankfully.
I had a similar issue with the Hot Racing front hubs. Just had to run a drill bit in the pin hole to make it a hair width wider.

Did you push the bearings in super tight? I have some GPM knuckles on the way...

I was just trying to find this video, it's Hot Racing, but it could be the same issue.

Did you push the bearings in super tight? I have some GPM knuckles on the way...

I was just trying to find this video, it's Hot Racing, but it could be the same issue.
I'm still using stock hubs and yes they are in all the way.

Surprisingly I got my GPM stuff today, I was expecting 2-3 more weeks

I believe the V1 and V2 hexes are different, they put more threads on them (and a 0.5mm offset difference?) I remember seeing something about the change somewhere.

Edit: I just ordered Limitless/Inf. V1/Typhon hexes from Horizon....

Last edited:
The issue is that the hub rubs against an inner surface of the knuckle. Getting the bearings in more doesn’t make a difference as there is a gap between the outer face of the inside bearing and the ridge on the hub which is meant to sit up against the bearing. I’ve ordered the GPM CVDs where the larger diameter part of the hub that sits inside the knuckle extends less far into the knuckle. I hope this will fix It!
I’ve measured the knukcle width - outer bearing to outer bearing vs. Stock and they’re both 18mm, so it’s not that issue. It is the cup touching the inside of the knuckle

0210211435-jpg.125833
I had to go back to the old hexes, the GPM hubs were designed around them. I presume GPM pulled Arrmas slop out before arrma made new hexes.

I actually had to shim the rear, the front is snug. The old ones are thinner, I thought there would be less bite, but the wheel is the same depth...
0210211529.jpg
0210211435.jpg
0210211436.jpg

There was a ton of loctite residue in my front cvd pin holes. It made the bearings too tight when I inserted the pin, so there's another thing to look for.

I also have a 2mm narrower track overall since the hexes are 4mm instead of 5mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back