Granite Granite 3s into a 6s spectrum system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaSmokes

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I need some help with this I got it all build it runs good but I seem to have a problem with the gearing
I guess causes it’s a bigger gear on the slipper witch is a stock 57 I changed it to the hr metal one what gear should I run on the pinion cause it is a 10scale with a 6s 😂I have a 23 and it sucks I’m goin to just max it out see if I can speed run it but for now I want to drag the other 10 scale cars lol

Are you running 6s packs?? 4x4 rigs are more palatable with 4s packs. Firma 150 ESC will run very efficiently on 4s. Depending on your gearing and motor setup.
Not sure how you plan on driving this setup. Its purpose. Off or On road?? The 57T spur gear is too large IMHO.
Appears you need much taller gearing for sure, as it sits. Larger Pinion and/or Smaller Spur. Just not 100% sure what you are describing.
4x4 rigs are kind of limited for 6s gearing choices.
I hope you also upgraded the drivetrain as best you could.:giggle:

Last edited:
I predict new diffs in the very near future for you... ;)

If you're going to run the stock 57T spur, you're going to need at least a 29T pinion.
23T is way too small.
As SrC said, go 4S, you'll get better results with that drive train.

Are you running 6s packs?? 4x4 rigs are more palatable with 4s packs. Firma 150 ESC will run very efficiently on 4s. Depending on your gearing and motor setup.
Not sure how you plan on driving this setup. Its purpose. Off or On road?? The 57T spur gear is too large IMHO.
Appears you need much taller gearing for sure, as it sits. Larger Pinion and/or Smaller Spur. Just not 100% sure what you are describing.
4x4 rigs are kind of limited for 6s gearing choices.
I hope you also upgraded the drivetrain as best you could.:giggle:
Yeah I upgraded the shaft and the slipper clutch so what I mean is this
The stock slipper is 57 and the stock pinion is somewhere lower then what I have on it now
I run it on 6s it it’s to much for the front driveshafts and sits to tall but u just got aluminum front and rear ones
And fixing hight by lowering and widening the arms
And not so much a drag but little speed run car
I predict new diffs in the very near future for you... ;)

If you're going to run the stock 57T spur, you're going to need at least a 29T pinion.
23T is way too small.
As SrC said, go 4S, you'll get better results with that drive train.
Lol yeah I predict the same lol
For now the stock spur till the other one gets here but. I will try the 29t!!!
Yeah I use it on 3-4s not 6 I tried it on 6 wasn’t to happy lol

4s is more than enough to work with there. Will better serve this 4x4 platform.

I need some help with this I got it all build it runs good but I seem to have a problem with the gearing
I guess causes it’s a bigger gear on the slipper witch is a stock 57 I changed it to the hr metal one what gear should I run on the pinion cause it is a 10scale with a 6s 😂I have a 23 and it sucks I’m goin to just max it out see if I can speed run it but for now I want to drag the other 10 scale cars lol
Got some pics? Love to see a Dragster Granite!

If you want to actually go fast tho.. a longer wheelbase and less width would serve you better.

For stunting/bashing 4s is plenty imo.

I think you're going to need a smaller spur to make up for the space you're running out of for pinions. 🤔

Mine on 4s doing a triple (quadruple??) like it doesn't care. Spins too fast to count 😂 I gotta get longer straps knocked the batteries right out.

Yah sure here ya go okay so I got me some jaco foams ima run on it and im
Also going to change the pinion out
I drag race 7th scales have no problem. Goin fast it’s for the dirt but when I wanna clown on people I’ll change the tires and boom let’s go 😂should see my rc crew members car he has a 6s system in a slash 4x4 and he runs it on 2s and is gapping 7th scale drag cars
Not all of them but most of the ones that are around this guy I want it fast but ima speedrun it

image.jpg

I killed 2 Spektrum 150a escs in one day today.

The one on my Granite I might be able to save with soldering, just a cap pack wire separated.. the one in my Noto though.. died midair from 30 fcking feet up. Guess how it landed. Hint: NOT on wheels 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

So I take back anything positive I said about spektrum electronics.

I'm completely benched now and it wasn't even anything I did. 😡

I killed 2 Spektrum 150a escs in one day today.

The one on my Granite I might be able to save with soldering, just a cap pack wire separated.. the one in my Noto though.. died midair from 30 fcking feet up. Guess how it landed. Hint: NOT on wheels 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

So I take back anything positive I said about spektrum electronics.

I'm completely benched now and it wasn't even anything I did. 😡
Oh snap that’s crazy af bro

So do you wanna speedrun or drag race setup..drag race it an rear diffs will go.must upgrade...I run small tires on 4s at 95mph with 1/10..but ya need 270$ system to do it..

Not worried about anything. Breaking and body will be changed this is the old body tho I’ll be posting the way it’s set up inside n. Out sometime this week should be done might just do some speed runs if anything

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back