Granite Granite BLX came today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Orange and Black Granite came today, along with my 3s lipo batteries and charger I ordered. I've always had nitro RCs, so this whole battery thing is new to me. Can I get some tips on charging the batteries, along with some do's and don'ts with them?

Congrats on a good purchase. I think the Granite is the best you can buy for $299, and welcome to electric.

No.1 rule of lipos, 80% rule. DO NOT over discharge your lipo past 80% on a consistent basis. It will lead to cell damage and will ruin your lipo. Buy this checker and you will be able to get an idea of how long you can run your truck before you need to charge your packs. This will tell you how much charge is left. Never go under 20%...

https://www.amazon.com/HRB-Cellmete...7&keywords=lipo+checker&qid=1579475038&sr=8-5

Thanks for that tip. How long can they sit around fully charged, without using them?

Oh, good question and I should have mentioned that. I never let my lipos sit fully charged for more than 5 days. If you know your not gonna use them for longer then you can storage charge them. It should be a option in your charger. That does take a long time though. Your better running the Granite and then not charge them until a fews days before you know your gonna run.

Welcome! Congrats on the Granite.
Charge the same day you run your lipos. If you don't run them that day, discharge them to storage, 3.8V per cell. Buy a voltage checker, they're cheap on Ebay, 10 bucks or so. Do Not leave your lipos fully charged for 5 days or more. If you can't run them in 24 hours for some reason, discharge them. Good lipo treatment leads to well lived lipos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back