Granite Granite build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfbitten83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
PXL_20230524_230615248.MOTION-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

granite 4x4,spectrum 85 amp esc ,3300kv motor, currently 2S but 3s capable, 21 tooth pinion 91 to the spur both metal, 80 weight in the front shocks 60 weight in the rear shocks. I am new to the arrma community I am here to learn from people with more experience and offer what I have learned so far.

They’re fun little trucks, and they rip! When I was heavily into 1/10 trucks I also ran 85 amp ESC’s and 3300kv motors on my brushless setups. I used the Team Associated/Reedy electronics bought from breakers because they’re fast, very inexpensive, and don’t overheat like the Velineon setups.

Welcome 👍 granite is such a fun car. 😁🥳
Are you sure it's 4x4? In picture it looks like only rear wheels are spinning. Awesome picture anyway 👍😁
Yes, I am sure it's 4x4 and you are correct in the picture I have the driveline pulled so it is only rear wheel drive in the picture... I snapped my outer ring on my differential at the skate park the other day I'm waiting on metal differentials so in the meantime I just disconnected my driveline to the front

Yes, I am sure it's 4x4 and you are correct in the picture I have the driveline pulled so it is only rear wheel drive in the picture... I snapped my outer ring on my differential at the skate park the other day I'm waiting on metal differentials so in the meantime I just disconnected my driveline to the front
Ah, I see. Still using plastic diffs in mine, have only stripped one rear diff/input gear in 7 months. 😅 I am tempted to go 4s on it tho, but guess I need slightly lower kv motor, 3200 is maybe a litte much. And better driveshafts front and rear, cvd probably, and metal diffs/spur. Maybe better tires than stock... So... When the granite has cost me more than the Mojave EXB, I'll probably be "happy" with it. 🙄💸 (Don't get me wrong, I think on stock tires, with 17t pinion, and 57 spur 0.8mod it's plenty on 3s and love it😁)

Ah, I see. Still using plastic diffs in mine, have only stripped one rear diff/input gear in 7 months. 😅 I am tempted to go 4s on it tho, but guess I need slightly lower kv motor, 3200 is maybe a litte much. And better driveshafts front and rear, cvd probably, and metal diffs/spur. Maybe better tires than stock... So... When the granite has cost me more than the Mojave EXB, I'll probably be "happy" with it. 🙄💸 (Don't get me wrong, I think on stock tires, with 17t pinion, and 57 spur 0.8mod it's plenty on 3s and love it😁)
Yeah it was my rear differential that stripped so I just swapped my differential so I was still able to drive it I feel you with the upgrades and replaced parts I've already done. I've spent more Then if I would have if I just got a big rock or something faster lol but that's the addiction right?!

Yeah it was my rear differential that stripped so I just swapped my differential so I was still able to drive it I feel you with the upgrades and replaced parts I've already done. I've spent more Then if I would have if I just got a big rock or something faster lol but that's the addiction right?!
Definitely 🤣 it's fun upgrading and you learn a lot by doing it, IMO. Worth the money at my stage of the hobby. But I don't think I'll go the same route again on a car, to start with a mega to have it running on 4s 🤣

I blew the rear diff in mine, and left the driveshaft in to see how it would work just on front wheel drive. It at least kind of worked, until i blew the front diff.
Definitely 🤣 it's fun upgrading and you learn a lot by doing it, IMO. Worth the money at my stage of the hobby. But I don't think I'll go the same route again on a car, to start with a mega to have it running on 4s 🤣
So, im not the only one to buy a mega (in my case, a V1 Granite), only to spend way more than a new 3S would have cost just to run 3S. I turned mine into an entire hybrid project though, and made it LWB: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/

I blew the rear diff in mine, and left the driveshaft in to see how it would work just on front wheel drive. It at least kind of worked, until i blew the front diff.

So, im not the only one to buy a mega (in my case, a V1 Granite), only to spend way more than a new 3S would have cost just to run 3S. I turned mine into an entire hybrid project though, and made it LWB: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/
Right!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back