Granite Spare parts Granite BLX build for charity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
You know your an addict when...............your on your third spare parts build. First a Typhon 6s, then a Notorious 6s and now a Granite BLX. This one happened only because a hobby store owner and I started talking about his weekly Instagram auctions. He takes in trades for people to be able to move up in the hobby, and has a weekly auction to try to recoup some money.
He and I have worked together in the past doing an auction where all proceeds went to charity. I bought a kit, another guy assembled it, and my painter friend did some magic too. So this time I told him I think I can build a full Granite with parts I have lying around. Well, I looked at my bins and I'm only short an outer drive shaft, a couple of axles, some turnbuckles, a rear hub and some spacers for the front steering. Pretty wild. Now I built this thing in about two hours, but I'll post one pic each day to show the progress. 90% of the parts are brand new (thanks to Jennys Rc). Esc and motor are lightly used.
20230912_214223.jpg

Here's stage two. This build includes a nearly new 3200kv motor and 100A esc, both BLX. The spur is metal and I'm putting in a 15t pinion. The only parts that aren't new to this point is the motor mount and case. I went to the lhs today to pick up the parts I don't have. A total of only $50. Whoever ends up winning this auction is getting an almost new Granite. What's wrong with me?🤷‍♂️
20230912_222606.jpg

Spent last night finishing the build. Only thing I'm not happy with is the steering turnbuckles as I miscalculated how many of the correct links I had. Stole some off my 105 mph Granite for now, but they're beat up and ugly. I'll get new ones before sending it to the store for the auction. Rebuilt two shocks as well. Amazing what parts I bought back when running my Granite. Bench test shows everything working well, and I'll give it a light road test before sending it off. Only part I feel bad about is that to make it a true rtr, I'm including an STX2 radio and receiver since thats all I have to spare

20230914_200111.jpg
20230914_213821.jpg
20230914_215448.jpg
20230914_215504.jpg

Only part I feel bad about is that to make it a true rtr, I'm including an STX2 radio and receiver since thats all I have to spare
@Notorious J
OMG, I take it all back, Canadians are terrible people, you're just the worst..!!! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

@Notorious J
OMG, I take it all back, Canadians are terrible people, you're just the worst..!!! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Did you notice the color of the servo? The radio will be the least of their worries when they try to turn 🤣

So the auction was quite a success. We raised $385 to split between two charities. My half went to The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation via The Ride To Conquer Cancer. I participated in this ride for 10 years, raising over $100k between myself and people who joined my team. This was just another way to show my support. #fu*kcancer
Untitled.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back