Granite Grom Fan Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tossing this out there but the motor at normal operating temp will get hot enough to burn you. If you can get 5 Mississippi's before you have to take your finger off for the average person that is about 145*F, most say not to exceed 170*F on any electric motor anything above 200* will likely cause permanent damage to the motor. Buy a temp gun for more accurate readings.

Definitely good to know.

But it doesn't hurt to come up with something that can help reduce the chances of the motor from enduring those temperatures , especially for an hour or so..

I had a spare ESC fan from my Vorteks, since I upgraded the fan on that one.

Not the prettiest, but it is quiet and it does the job. Wish the wires were slightly longer but can't argue with free. After sliding it around yesterday on wet concrete for way too long the motor/heatsink barely felt warm. Used to burn my finger.

IMG_20231118_090025575.jpg

I had a spare ESC fan from my Vorteks, since I upgraded the fan on that one.

Not the prettiest, but it is quiet and it does the job. Wish the wires were slightly longer but can't argue with free. After sliding it around yesterday on wet concrete for way too long the motor/heatsink barely felt warm. Used to burn my finger.

View attachment 332434

Nice.

So does the fan hit/touch the underside of the body shell when it's installed? Does it cover up the fan's intake?

How much space/room is there between it and the body?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back