Granite Granite mega 4x4 slipper melted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakai17

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I put the HD input shaft in and i melted the slipper clutch after 1.5 runs. The motor gets really really hot for some reason can someone help me out? i have the HobbyWing max10 combo with 17t pinion. And it's on 3s lipo 5000mah 50c.

First of all it’s the mega slipper so you had it coming?. The blx slippers are better and I think the whole assembly is $35. And If the motor is getting hot on 17tooth and wicked fast gear down.
do you happen to have a temp gun or something similar? it will be much more helpful with a temperature reading. Keep it below 180°f and you will be good to go. I bring mine in on hot days and measure 190+ (LoL) on a 14t with the blx diffs. The mega diffs have a slightly lower gear ratio so yours will be different.

First of all it’s the mega slipper so you had it coming?. The blx slippers are better and I think the whole assembly is $35. And If the motor is getting hot on 17tooth and wicked fast gear down.
do you happen to have a temp gun or something similar? it will be much more helpful with a temperature reading. Keep it below 180°f and you will be good to go. I bring mine in on hot days and measure 190+ (LoL) on a 14t with the blx diffs. The mega diffs have a slightly lower gear ratio so yours will be different.
can you put the stock spur gear on the blx slipper clutch? and what is the difference between the diffs?

and what is the difference between the diffs?

Internal gears are the same but the ring gears on the diffs are different. The same with the input gears between the Mega and BLX.

Attachments

• BLX left Mega right.jpg
    BLX left Mega right.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 13t right 17t HD middle stcok Mega left.jpg
    13t right 17t HD middle stcok Mega left.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 56
Internal gears are the same but the ring gears on the diffs are different. The same with the input gears between the Mega and BLX.
Does it make it faster? How would I put the blx slipper in it because I don’t have a 5mm shaft on the motor. And could I just buy the Blx diff outer gear and the Blx input shaft?

Last edited:
You don’t need to change the diffs if you don’t beat the heck out of your truck (like I do) just put the hd 17t input in the back and it won’t break off. As for the pinion there are 1/8” bore options that will mesh with the blx spur gear.

You don’t need to change the diffs if you don’t beat the heck out of your truck (like I do) just put the hd 17t input in the back and it won’t break off. As for the pinion there are 1/8” bore options that will mesh with the blx spur gear.
Could you send one that would fit and would have the same speed of the 17t I have? I am new to this hobby so I don’t know that much stuff

Do you know what pitch gears you have are the really tiny 48pitch or the bigger 32p. The 32p teeth are almost an 1/8 inch from tooth to tooth tip may be 1/16”.

Do you know what pitch gears you have are the really tiny 48pitch or the bigger 32p. The 32p teeth are almost an 1/8 inch from tooth to tooth tip may be 1/16”.
i have the 48 pitch

You will need the blx slipper which only comes in one choice of teeth and the adjustable motor mount. With that max 10 combo a 15t pinion will work and will keep the heat down, it is the stock gear for the granite blx. I’m assuming your motor has the 5mm shaft so a 15t gear should be easy to find at your LHS or online.

You will need the blx slipper which only comes in one choice of teeth and the adjustable motor mount. With that max 10 combo a 15t pinion will work and will keep the heat down, it is the stock gear for the granite blx. I’m assuming your motor has the 5mm shaft so a 15t gear should be easy to find at your LHS or online.
I think he has the max10 combo and not max10 sct combo. So the motor is a 3652 with a 3mm shaft
But I found a bunch of 3mm interior diameter pinion gears of varying tooth sizes. Axial and RRP make them.

We found a 9 and a 12 when we were using the 550 stock motor.
Oh poop though. We had already gone to 32p tranny though. Maybe it is easier to find 48p pinions for 3mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back