Granite granite mega to blx ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodk

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
mega 550 upgraded to brushless motor
and steel spur .
front and rear diffs are now completely stripped for the 2nd time within couple months .
will blx diffs fit in the mega hub/diff case.?
any other tips and advice is appreciated.
thanks ..

20211215_204334.jpg

20211215_204314.jpg

20211211_202344.jpg

Your diff mesh is probably bad, or you are landing under power. That input gear looks bad, replace both gears since a worn input will destroy the ring gear.

Last edited:
That looks like you need to have your bash buddy teach you a thing or two about driving... 🤣

and steel spur .
front and rear diffs are now completely stripped for the 2nd time within couple months .
thanks ..

View attachment 186453

View attachment 186454

View attachment 186455
yes they were both changed same time .
possibly land bad but try very hard not to .landing don't seem bad to me . how to adjust mesh. it seems like it's not adjustable.

and steel spur .
thanks ..

View attachment 186453

View attachment 186454

View attachment 186455
That looks like you need to have your bash buddy teach you a thing or two
possibly land bad but try very hard not to .landing don't seem bad to me . how to adjust mesh. it seems like it's not adjustable.
I let him do one jump . and now this . lol

I let him do one jump . and now this . lol
It’s adjustable via shims from Arrma on one side or the other of the bearings on the left and right side of the differential. Put the diff back into the housing and move it side to side. Does it have play? If yes, use the shims between the bearing and the diff case to tighten it up. Putting shims on one side moves the gears closer with tighter mesh and the opposite applies to the other side.

Hope this helps. Watch some YouTube and learn this stuff. It’ll save you a good chunk of money and a large amount of headaches.

A bad bearing on the input gear could cause this too. Replace the bearing on the input gear if it allows the gear to move or wobble. While you’re at it, replace both the ring and input gear.

It’s adjustable via shims from Arrma on one side or the other of the bearings on the left and right side of the differential. Put the diff back into the housing and move it side to side. Does it have play? If yes, use the shims between the bearing and the diff case to tighten it up. Putting shims on one side moves the gears closer with tighter mesh and the opposite applies to the other side.

Hope this helps. Watch some YouTube and learn this stuff. It’ll save you a good chunk of money and a large amount of headaches.
thanks I will try . so far all I've seen is people changing there diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back