Granite Granite outcast typhon mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluetruckbasher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
IMG_8591.jpeg

My custom mix of parts to build a badass rig handles great started life as a granite chassis drivetrain has outcast 4s towers away bars bumpers and wing and diffs and typhon rpm a arms turned out to be a great combo

IMG_8592.jpeg

IMG_8593.jpeg

IMG_8594.jpeg

I’m about to try something very similar. I’ve seen others make a similar build for the 6s line, typhon with outcast/kraton towers/shocks and it looks like the right build for my style of driving. Nimbler handling but extra cushion for jumps.

There are lots of custom build options now. All the new releases in the 4x4BLX line gave us 5 different size shock towers and arm lengths to play with:
-Infraction
-Vorteks
-Granite/Senton/Typhon
-Kraton/Outcast
-Mojave

I’m actually going to try Mojave shock towers and shocks on a SWB first. It’s already half built. Just waiting on electronics. It’s ridiculous, the shocks are HUGE. It’s going to be a bouncy, rear squatting, front diving mess. But I’m hoping it will also be tons of fun like a Losi LMT. After that I’m going to try the Kraton/Outcast shocks and towers.

I also swapped the entire driveshafts, turnbuckles, rod ends and arms to Mojave. The Mojave arms/hubs/driveshafts are wider than Granite/Vorteks, just slightly less wide than Typhon/Big Rock. The Mojave parts are also so much beefier and better fit. The wobble is gone, it feels like such a step up in quality. We’ll see if the performance/durability matches the feel.

So many build possibilities now. I even got Infraction towers. Going to see if they work for a Rally car build.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back