Vorteks Chassis’s mix and match’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakey76

Reaction score
So was wondering with all these different models in the Arrma family it got me thinking about what models share the same chassis with the Vorteks? As known this knowledge could open up all sorts of modifications and make some nice hybrids.

The Vorteks is a SWB, so the Granite is the first choice.

Anything from both LWB/SWB chassis in the ARRMA will fit from no modifications to major modifications.

I know the typhoon arms fit the Vorteks just interested in what other parts are interchangeable.

I think they are all interchangeable, it’s just a matter of some require combinations. Like you could put typhon arms on the granite, but you also have to replace the turnbuckles at the same time, for example.
I just put vortek shock towers on my granite, along with some lowered, stiff 6s shocks, typhon drive, shafts and axles, and cut down body mounts to lower it, and make it a zippy road car just for fun.

0B637C45-D253-4978-BE57-0C11BE4BBB21.jpeg

C460034C-8F40-4812-9CC2-C7862AC2DF12.jpeg

They are all the same, across all the plastic chassis cars...swap whatever you would like.. same with the 6s line.. 👍

Even the new Kraton 4Sv2 (XLWB) chassis are interchangeable with the 3S line up.

So have Fun and create your own Frankensteins!

And if you're really Brave, try your hand at eXtendo's -Chopping chassis in half and Stretching them! (Limo Style.)
1678725018687.png

Here is a pretty good video I found a while back on RCMadLab's YT channel that explains everything pretty good. I found it pretty helpful.
That really is a great explanation of everything. Did they film it like 80's VCR style in purpose to be ironic? Good info clearly presented either way.

Vorteks shocks are smaller than the other 3s line. Other than that the parts are 100% compatible across the platform. Also remember the BRCC and Typhon are wider arms and links than the other rigs.

I think they are all interchangeable, it’s just a matter of some require combinations. Like you could put typhon arms on the granite, but you also have to replace the turnbuckles at the same time, for example.
I just put vortek shock towers on my granite, along with some lowered, stiff 6s shocks, typhon drive, shafts and axles, and cut down body mounts to lower it, and make it a zippy road car just for fun.

View attachment 285061
View attachment 285062
I'm gonna need more pics of this truck 📸

I'm gonna need more pics of this truck 📸
It is a twitchy bugger… Quite a handful spins like a top. I have the vendetta spur and I think a 26 pinion. probably not the best designed car in the world but fun to mess around with for sure.

B3923387-EE9D-4D13-9918-EC865E57F5C8.jpeg

529478EE-CDFB-4BFB-BC38-6BC1F1EA2137.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back