Kraton Grease or oil for outside diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have been ussing white lithium grease for a while now and my front and rear diff makes clicking noise when i remove the driveshaft and motor... and when i open the diff its bone dry with a bit of white on the teeths:/ should i use high weight silicone oil instead? Because the greases i tried have been usseless

Any high temp grease is fine. You don’t want to pack it too full or anything. A light coating that you check monthly should do fine.

Inside the diff case, heavy oil, on the outside gears of the case transferring power to the cvds, its grease. I usually as well use marine grease or if I find some left over vehicle driveaxle packing grease.

Going to get some marine grease i think a litle tube is 5$ i added a bit of silicone oil and more lithium grease for now
Going to get some marine grease i think a litle tube is 5$ i added a bit of silicone oil and more lithium grease for now
Because in my front diff im at the point that i can hear a really loose gearmesh with the sungear from the outside:/ its the fourth sungear i might have to remplace now:c

Last edited:

Because in my front diff im at the point that i can hear a really loose gearmesh with the sungear from the outside:/ its the fourth sungear i might have to remplace now:c
Sounds like your yokes are worn and allowing slop. Consider new yokes, maybe the HR metal ones. You’ll also likely need new bearings. They’re probably shot too.

Sounds like your yokes are worn and allowing slop. Consider new yokes, maybe the HR metal ones. You’ll also likely need new bearings. They’re probably shot too.
Its not the yokes i opened the diffs yesterdays its the sun gear and i found a little ship missing on the the diff gear but the car doesn't make a clicking noise yet so i will still run it like how it is atm until it gaves up

I bought the marine grease it was shiny blue and was able to be on the front diff quite nicely but less in the rear diff i suppose it because the front sunbgear is more worn out than the front

I used lithium for a couple months then took it apart and it was all crusty and messed up, so I put automotive grease in there just be careful not to put too much in there becaus the resistance goes up. Just a smear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back