Kraton Grinding V4 M2C Chassis Ears to Convert to V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pomplemus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of converting my M2C V4 Kraton to V5, with a new rear shock tower, sway bars, and arms.

The noodly RPM arms are just too flexy, with the drive shafts constantly popping out of the cups and drooping. I've also broken several just in the past couple weeks, so I figure if arms are consumable I may as well go to the stock arms but upgrade to V5.

As far as I know, the M2C V4 chassis should work with the new arms, I just need to grind down the droop screw ears a bit.

I messaged M2C to see to see if they have a template or something, but they responded in the negative.

For anyone that's done this, can you please share your experience and share any relevant tips? I really want to get a clean result and not remove anymore material than I have to.

A picture of the newest V5 compatible M2C chassis with a close-up on the ears would be great! Even better if it could be overlaid/ pictured next to the V4 chassis ears.

Thanks in advance!

PXL_20230509_081758131.jpg

I don't see the need to do this. I have an M2C chassis on my V1 Mojave. There was slight difference with the XLWB M2C chassis vs stock at the Droop ears. But didn't make much of a difference. Used Avid Titanium Droop screws FWIW.
FWIW, RPM now has the V5 Arrms, More robust and similar geometry to the V5 Arms.
I hope I understood your question correctly. Maybe not?:unsure:

Hmm, maybe, let me clarify-

I have a v4 Kraton that I upgraded to the M2C chassis before the EXB and V5 came out. I am now upgrading it to V5 arms, which means I need to grind down the ears to make it work with the new droop screwl location.

Basically, I want to modify my old style v4 only M2C chassis and reshape the ears to match the new V4/V5 hybrid style that they currently sell.

I don't think this would have applied to your Mojave, since even the v1 had the same arms as now as far as I know, they didn't change like the Kraton arms.

Yup, more or less I guess. Just wondering if there was something tricky or to look out for Want to be sure before starting to hack up that beautiful chassis!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back