Kraton 6s - v4 vs v5 - shock towers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCAlex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m running a Kraton v4. I ordered up some new shock towers… noticed the rear is not as wide. Looks like shock position will change. What’s up with that? Do I need to buy v5 a-arms for the rear? Or is it alright to just swap out the rear tower? (Haven’t tried it, won’t get to it for a few days.) thanks all!

You have to use the v5 rear a arms with the v5 towers the suspension geometry is way different and the shocks will bottom out before the a arms are even close to being level with the chassis.

The v5 arms won’t work properly with your chassis droop ears, it would be easier getting the proper tower for the V4..

They work just fine, you just have to shave a little material off the arms.

This is my og M2C Outcast chassis with V5 arms.

1691456515504.jpeg

1691456586676.jpeg

You have to use the v5 rear a arms with the v5 towers the suspension geometry is way different and the shocks will bottom out before the a arms are even close to being level with the chassis.

They work just fine, you just have to shave a little material off the arms.

This is my og M2C Outcast chassis with V5 arms.

View attachment 315873

View attachment 315874
Agreed, it can be modded to work. But then the arm isn’t as strong in that spot. It would probably be ok but then every time you wanted new arms or needed to replace arms you’re gonna be shaving off that material to make it work.

I was just trying to give the simplest advice. Perhaps it was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣😂

Agreed, it can be modded to work. But then the arm isn’t as strong in that spot. It would probably be ok but then every time you wanted new arms or needed to replace arms you’re gonna be shaving off that material to make it work.

I was just trying to give the simplest advice. Perhaps it was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣😂
Mine was like half a mm I let the chassis shave it off.

Last edited:
+1
It does work. I have a custom build this way. An XLWB chassis.
But going with V5 Towers, might as well make it all v5, arms and all. It's more about the different Shock geometry/ Angle that matters here. V5 towers with V4 ams makes the shocks very layed down. Droop changes drastically. Some dialing can compensate only up to a point. The driveshaft angles might become too extreme with the shock stroke.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back