Notorious Has anyone heard this noise before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I believe it is coming from rear diff can anyone please let me know what they might think it is before I tear into it ??

It’s the rear dogbones floppin around when you let off throttle is what I believe. Nothing to be alarmed about. The fronts are cvds and you won’t get that from them.
Now if you hear crunching while on throttle while driving it, you will have a problem. But, hey, pull the diff anyways and inspect. Maybe add some thicker diff grease and a couple shims to beef it up. Get to know it.

It’s the rear dogbones floppin around when you let off throttle is what I believe. Nothing to be alarmed about. The fronts are cvds and you won’t get that from them.
Now if you hear crunching while on throttle while driving it, you will have a problem. But, hey, pull the diff anyways and inspect. Maybe add some thicker diff grease and a couple shims to beef it up. Get to know it.
It’s definitely not the dog bones I changed both those out it’s a much different noise .. I think it’s inside the diff I’m just gonna have to tear apart

It sounds like it’s the ring gear....I think the clunking would happen at a faster pace if it were the pinion since it rotates faster than the larger ring gear. I think I did the same thing on my front diff but haven’t looked at it yet.
Can you move that one back and forth like you can the center diff?

It sounds like it’s the ring gear....I think the clunking would happen at a faster pace if it were the pinion since it rotates faster than the larger ring gear. I think I did the same thing on my front diff but haven’t looked at it yet.
Can you move that one back and forth like you can the center diff?
Can I move the front middle or rear?

This is the issue .. so far lol
Mind you this rig was one day old lol

Attachments

• 295BCB87-ED13-4F6F-91EC-F40F9040DDA0.jpeg
    295BCB87-ED13-4F6F-91EC-F40F9040DDA0.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back