Notorious Has anyone had this happen? 6S Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcoo7

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
20231113_131615-jpg.331749

20231113_131615.jpg

20231113_131633.jpg

No, but it appears there wasn't oil in the diff, or not enough. When is the last time it was serviced?

It's brand new, only ran it 3 times
That’s normal. I’ve had low to dry diffs from every manufacturer. My Xmaxx was about 25% full on front and rear, and the center diff was about 50%. Arrma is no different. That’s why I check diffs before I ever even charge the 1st battery.

It's brand new, only ran it 3 times
Yup, you gotta always check the diff oils when you get a new rig. Arrma is notorious (Pun intended 😁 ) for having little to no diff oil in em when shipped from the factory.

The good news is the plastic diff casing is probably the cheapest part in that subassembly, assuming you managed to retrieve all other metal parts...Anyway a complete diff can be had for ~$25 through Jennys.

I recommend a new Aluminium diff case ARA220050 as a cool upgrade / replacement as another alternative. You won't melt the aluminium diff case quite as soon.

The good news is the plastic diff casing is probably the cheapest part in that subassembly, assuming you managed to retrieve all other metal parts...Anyway a complete diff can be had for ~$25 through Jennys.

I recommend a new Aluminium diff case ARA220050 as a cool upgrade / replacement as another alternative. You won't melt the aluminium diff case quite as soon.
Yea, def upgrade to metal diffs. 👍

Replaced center with ARA311118 had to it blew that gear out the side, not a clue what happen to it. Went with 30K rear 500k center 50k front. May end up lowering the weight in center. Got a feeling it will be on two wheels a lot.

Thanks everyone for your input.....

Yes. Mine did that on 6s. Melted it just like that. I found someone on here said the center diff gets to 220° F because it takes the most torque & abuse. I went with arrma aluminum diff w 500k. Aluminum top clamp & aluminum side mount replaced all plastic. No problems since. I also did F&R aluminum diffs w 60k & 30k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back