Senton Hello can I please some direction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabl007

Reaction score
I am new to this and I just would like to know what is the best battery and charger I have a gensacearespammers 3 cell and a power infinity charger so I would like to know what should I get because I do long drives out on the big backyard
Thank you for help or directions

Welcome to the forum. If you are happy with your charger maybe invest in another battery with higher mah.
What type of R/C do you have?

gensacearespammers are good batteries. If you get more batteries so you can run multiple packs through the truck at a time, make sure you monitor your motor and ESC heat.
Welcome to the forum!

+1

Agree with @Dan B.

Running multiple packs for endurance Bashing will overheat your Senton..
Got to keep an eye on the motor and ESC.

You'll want to invest in a laser temperature gauge.

+1

Agree with @Dan B.

Running multiple packs for endurance Bashing will overheat your Senton..
Got to keep an eye on the motor and ESC.

You'll want to invest in a laser temperature gauge.
So could you run me through how that works and what I would need to execute it

Buy a temp gun/guage etc. Cheap enough these days. Amazon has them. An important RC tool. Check temps one or 2 times during a pack. Make sure the Motor is no higher than 140-150F and the ESC is no more than 140F. Or there abouts. You also check the temps of your Lipo pack and Lipo Connector(s). Packs no higher than 120-140F. Connectors should NOT be hotter than what the pack is. If so, you have a connector with a high resistance issue. Connectors can wear out with use like this. Can dead short the ESC and/or lipo. Fire. Worse case. Been there.
Be safe about things.
Just touching with your fingers is not accurate to determine temps. Always take baseline readings with your temp gun when the RC's cold for reference. Also make note of the Ambient Air temp at that time.

https://www.amazon.com/Ketotek-Infrared-Thermometer-Temperature-58°F-1112/dp/B074RZVZ6L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2GIJGKDVZR69B&keywords=laser+temp+gun&qid=1704236872&sprefix=laser+temp+gun,aps,104&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Buy a temp gun/guage etc. Cheap enough these days. Amazon has them. An important RC tool. Check temps one or 2 times during a pack. Make sure the Motor is no higher than 140-150F and the ESC is no more than 140F. Or there abouts. You also check the temps of your Lipo pack and Lipo Connector(s). Packs no higher than 120-140F. Connectors should NOT be hotter than what the pack is. If so, you have a connector with a high resistance issue. Connectors can wear out with use like this. Can dead short the ESC and/or lipo. Fire. Worse case. Been there.
Be safe about things.
Just touching with your fingers is not accurate to determine temps. Always take baseline readings with your temp gun when the RC's cold for reference. Also make note of the Ambient Air temp at that time.

https://www.amazon.com/Ketotek-Infrared-Thermometer-Temperature-58°F-1112/dp/B074RZVZ6L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2GIJGKDVZR69B&keywords=laser+temp+gun&qid=1704236872&sprefix=laser+temp+gun,aps,104&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back