Granite What’s can I do to make my car faster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi and Welcome!
You can run 4S or gear it up. what is your gearing now?

Hi and Welcome!
You can run 4S or gear it up. what is your gearing now?
I brought a 4s spektrum esc and started off with that but I want more power and speed…I planned on getting a spektrum 150a esc but I’ve been having trouble trying to get the right motor for it.

I have upgraded both front and rear diffs. Also I have completely upgraded my slipper clutch to the 57 mod.

The ESC will not make you go faster, Without going to a 4s or gearing.

You may not need a newer motor the motor that is in the truck is either a 3200 KV motor and will run on 4S you have to keep an eye on heat granted the motor is not designed 4s but I have run many of my 3s motors on 6S just a matter of pay attention to the heat. Before you go up in Power make sure your gearing is right first what gearing are you running now?
What was your slipper clutch gear? Have you run it on 4s?

Last edited:
57 spur gear with stock pinion and I haven’t tested out the 4s yet waiting on battery now

57 spur gear with stock pinion and I haven’t tested out the 4s yet waiting on battery now
I’ve been use my 3s battery since I’ve gotten the 4s esc

This would be my suggestion for your current set up. I would bump my pinion gear up to 17t and keep it 3s. And on occasion do a speed run 4s just to meet the need for speed.

So if I upgrade both motor and esc to run 6s what do think in your opinion on how it might run. I’ve seen plenty of videos of guys adding the 6s esc paired with the stock 3200kv and it seems to work but how to feel about going completely 6s on ac3s vehicle

So if I upgrade both motor and esc to run 6s what do think in your opinion on how it might run. I’ve seen plenty of videos of guys adding the 6s esc paired with the stock 3200kv and it seems to work but how to feel about going completely 6s on ac3s vehicle
If you are serious about going high speed with a granite, you need tire upgrades sooner than later. Belted tires are heavy but they will handle higher speeds more effectively. This in turn adds more strain on the power system and you'll want the 150 amp esc sooner than later as well. If you run a Granite higher than 50mph the tires will follow destiny and complete their transformation into pizza cutters. My granite is currently set up for 6s with the Outcast 6s power system, and the tires go ballistic.

You will kill it. For sure you can make it run for a while on 6s with a proper motor match, but the train drive will die.

6s and 3200kv is not gonna work. The motor will turn 80k rpm and 50k rpm is in general the limit. For speed runs you can go higher, for bashing better lower.
4s is usually combined with 2400kv and 6s with 1800kv.

It can’t handle the weight of a 6s system in that chassis nor can it handle the power you’ll break a lot of differentials and a lot of axles. The best combination is as I said before occasional 4s with a 17t

I don’t know how you guys are running even 4s in those things without scattering parts. My nephews Granite eats more parts on 3s than any other RC I’ve ever seen.
Y'all must have done it just for the challenge of keeping everything together.

If you are serious about going high speed with a granite, you need tire upgrades sooner than later. Belted tires are heavy but they will handle higher speeds more effectively. This in turn adds more strain on the power system and you'll want the 150 amp esc sooner than later as well. If you run a Granite higher than 50mph the tires will follow destiny and complete their transformation into pizza cutters. My granite is currently set up for 6s with the Outcast 6s power system, and the tires go ballistic.
I have belted duromax bandito mt 2.0 tires with a 12mm hex already!!! Do you have the outcast motor and 150amp esc

So it’s primarily and on road car.

Also what pinion did you use for your granite6s

I don’t know how you guys are running even 4s in those things without scattering parts. My nephews Granite eats more parts on 3s than any other RC I’ve ever seen.
Y'all must have done it just for the challenge of keeping everything together.
I have the same issue with my Typhon. It is getting close to 4s spec and now it is pretty bullet proof on 3s...
Next job is Mojave 4s rear arms, hubs, bearings and CVD driveshafts for the rear wheels.

1000019255.jpg

6s is overkill, I would only try it on a Kraton or Mojave length chassis. 4s is already overkill for a Granite, but it is worth it. I just upgraded my Granite to 4s. Firma 130a ESC with Firma 2800 kv motor and 18t pinion. I used this setup because I wanted to still be able to run on 3s. On 3s, it’s perfect. On 4s it’s overpowered. But if I set my transmitter at 85% throttle it’s perfect, and the battery lasts a really long time.

However, if you want to run purely 4s, I think the 2400kv motor with 16t pinion should be perfect for a Granite with 2.8 MT tires. It should run cooler than my setup, while still keeping a good top speed. You already have the 4s esc, so no need to recommend one. But for anyone else, the Firma 130a is running great, but it doesn’t fit without modification.

EDIT: The 130a also actually brakes and stops at LVC instead of going into “limp mode”. It hasn’t happened yet, but it occurred to me that this is bad for jumping. LVC in the air is bad, but unexpected braking in the air is way worse. I don’t think you can change this.

The 120a fits perfectly, however, I’m not using it, so I don’t know how it runs. There have been some complaints of cutoff at full throttle in some recent videos, which I think was fixed with the most recent “black” edition 120a’s in the Kraton 4s v2.5. If anyone knows more about this let me know. I debating 130a or 120a on a second build.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my Typhon. It is getting close to 4s spec and now it is pretty bullet proof on 3s...
Next job is Mojave 4s rear arms, hubs, bearings and CVD driveshafts for the rear wheels.

View attachment 355649

View attachment 355649
So since I’ve been using the 4s esc I’ve broken the wheel hub and a nut on my wheel I have metal diffs and I have the upgraded spur gears.
Going to upgrade all of my parts after a while!!!!!

6s is overkill. I just upgraded my Granite to 4s. Firma 130a ESC with Firma 2800 kv motor and 18t pinion. I used this setup because I wanted to still be able to run on 3s. On 3s, it’s perfect. On 4s it’s overpowered. But if I set my transmitter at 85% throttle it’s perfect, and the battery lasts a really long time.

However, if you want to run purely 4s, I think the 2400kv motor with 16t pinion should be perfect for a Granite with 2.8 MT tires. It should run cooler than my setup, while still keeping a good top speed. You already have the 4s esc, so no need to recommend one. But for anyone else, the Firma 130a is running great, but it doesn’t fit without modification.

I know the 120a fits perfectly, however, I’m not using it, so I don’t know how it runs. There have been some complaints of cutoff at full throttle, which I think was fixed with the most recent “black” edition 120a’s. If anyone knows more about this let me know. I debating 130a or 120a on a second build.
120 Firma is great that’s what I have on my ARRMA granite

So since I’ve been using the 4s esc I’ve broken the wheel hub and a nut on my wheel I have metal diffs and I have the upgraded spur gears.
Going to upgrade all of my parts after a while!!!!!

120 Firma is great that’s what I have on my ARRMA granite
Yeah. I already have all the upgrades for the gears, axles, etc. Definitely necessary for 4s.

Back