Fireteam Help diff too weak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
I've had repeatedly broken the drive pin on the satellite gear in rear diff and this time it split the satellite gear I've looked at several upgraded diffs but I wanted yalls opinion I like the vivaton but that is money gp4 looks attractive but not sure just FYI rear diff is set at 30k and my punch is 9 on 6s I'm still in experiment mode so I probably will tune down punch to eight Anthony any good ideas appreciated
And there is more weight on mine with metal chassis support stainless steel undergaurd so my ass hangs low with batteries if anybody has any ideas there thank you

EXB is .25mm larger diameter pins if you wanted to dabble in active diffs, otherwise buy 2.25mm tool steel from McMaster and cut to ~10mm so it just slips in the groove.

Landing on power with high grip is inevitable for something letting go

EXB is .25mm larger diameter pins if you wanted to dabble in active diffs, otherwise buy 2.25mm tool steel from McMaster and cut to ~10mm so it just slips in the groove.

Landing on power with high grip is inevitable for something letting go
Ok good idea I've always wondered on the metal in pins also that particular sat gear never felt snug like the other five in the whole system so I reached out to arrma and they said it could be a bad cast so they offered me a free diff just bummed got Tha 6s hot now I got to decell it and don't get to play with my build yet inevitable changing things adding weight and power I knew a few things would need to break out the way to get it where I want it
Ok good idea I've always wondered on the metal in pins also that particular sat gear never felt snug like the other five in the whole system so I reached out to arrma and they said it could be a bad cast so they offered me a free diff just bummed got Tha 6s hot now I got to decell it and don't get to play with my build yet inevitable changing things adding weight and power I knew a few things would need to break out the way to get it where I want it
It would wiggle a little on the fresh new pin so in a punch its got that tiny bit of free move then hits harder than it should I did 2 wheelies and one 10 ft jump and it said nope
Also does anybody know if the exb diffs fit inside the same diff housing and if not does exb diff fit the mojave chassis

EXB diffs will fit inside a V5 gearbox BLX or EXB. The gear boxes themselves are the same. With the EXB diffs you have to get the input gears too. I have no info on V older.

@rotauq drives his Fireteam with a XLX2 and 2028 and big Trenchers 8s on GP diffs. I don’t have the details, but the electronics and wheels are quite a bit heavier compared to stock. But the removed the handbrake and replaced the body with Limitless body, so that’s about a 1 KG weight saving in that area.
His diffs survived 8s last forumday😉.

Thank you guys I did some looking m2c drive pins and cups vivaton internal is what I'm thinking what are yalls opinion on the composite diff cup is aluminum really worth it found stainless steel as well but weight is going to become an issue I think that hobbywing may be up to bat next
And the weight is in the rear heave 6000mah makes it sag a little any tips the would be helpful

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back