Kraton Help now!! Urgent 4s 2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRG4ARRMA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
My ESC is blinking red with a fully charged lipo. Is there something I need to do to clear the LVC?

No beeps

I drove it a couple of days ago and the LVC kicked in. I charged the battery this morning and tried to run it a few minutes ago but got the red flashing light and no beeps. The user manual says that either the throttle trigger is not in neutral or it’s the LVC, but it doesn’t say how to correct it 🙃

I tried unplugging the battery (more than once) and making sure the spring loaded trigger was in neutral. Only my third time using an RC. What do you think? I even tried replugging in the ESC wires to the motor Nothing has worked so far.

Do I need to go through throttle setup (page 17 of manual) every time I run the car, or whenever I trigger the LVC function? Maybe redoing that would “fix” the issue…???!!!

Last edited:
I have not tuned the ESC any from the factory settings yet, but I could also try resetting the ESC to correct the problem.

Just thinking out loud 🤪🤪?? Maybe I inadvertently put the ESC into throttle setup mode when I was attempting to turn the car on. That could be why there was no throttle.

Last edited:
suspense GIF

I think I fat fingered the power switch and accidentally put it in throttle setup mode. I was attempting to go through that process and I must have escaped out of it ( not sure how) and got the song and 4 beeps. After that I went through the throttle startup process anyway and restarted the rig and got the song and beeps again. I will check its function tomorrow.
It’s a hobby!!

Rats! 🐭
Turns out that the problem is intermittent. Last night I put a fully charged bat in it and it turned on/off just fine-several times. I didn’t drive it. Today, I put the same bat in it (fully charged Gens Advanced 4S 5300mAh Hi-Voltage Lipo) and got the flashing red light of failure. When this happens, the set button does nothing, the motor does not turn (no throttle), but I have steering and both fans run. Never operated in hot or cold weather and when it DOES turn on properly, I get the normal sounds and everything functions perfectly-except me, of course! 🤪
I’ve shied away from blaming the ESC, but now I wonder. Does anyone know of issues with the Spektrum Firma ESC (SPMXSE2120)? I’m calling my LHS Monday.

Back