Limitless Help! Radio losing signal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenRC06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, so I’m have trouble with my Spektrum DX3 radio randomly losing signal while driving and it won’t connect back unless it I turn the radio off then back on.

Before I got this radio for the Limitless, I was using the Dumbo RC radio & receiver and it was also randomly losing signal.

With all this being said, I has come to the conclusion that my problem might lie within the car. If anyone knows what could be wrong please let me know. Any help is appreciated🤘.

Also if it helps with diagnosing the problem, my car has the Spektrum 1250kv motor with the Spektrum 160A esc with 8s Zeee lipos.

A chanel for the radio could be busted, not completely blown to where It doesn't work at all, try to switch the chanel's to see if that helps.
Make sure you remember what the original chanel's are connected to so you don't completely ruin the radio.
Also, check the receiver box.
A chanel for the radio could be busted, not completely blown to where It doesn't work at all, try to switch the chanel's to see if that helps.
Make sure you remember what the original chanel's are connected to so you don't completely ruin the radio.
Also, check the receiver box.
If it doesn't work, ask a worker at an rc store

I would start with double checking the antenna wire...
Making sure there's no knicks/kinks/cuts in the wiring..

Sounds like possibly a Rx Brownout. :unsure:
At what distance do you lose signal? Very far or anywhere nearby?
Try rebinding the Rx and Tx . Make sure the antenna is not damaged and pointed straight UP. Make sure your ESC BEC output is up to snuff. Use a DVM to verify while operating on the bench.
Do a search on RC Receiver Brownouts to understand it better. Worse case the ESC's BEC circuit is toast. I doubt it though. Brownout causes low power to the Rx and all the BEC powered items. A servo that is an amp hog can cause the BEC volts to drop, then the Rx Signal tends to drop intermittently with it. Basically overloading the BEC circuit causes brownouts.

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I’m have trouble with my Spektrum DX3 radio randomly losing signal while driving and it won’t connect back unless it I turn the radio off then back on.

Before I got this radio for the Limitless, I was using the Dumbo RC radio & receiver and it was also randomly losing signal.

With all this being said, I has come to the conclusion that my problem might lie within the car. If anyone knows what could be wrong please let me know. Any help is appreciated🤘.

Also if it helps with diagnosing the problem, my car has the Spektrum 1250kv motor with the Spektrum 160A esc with 8s Zeee lipos.
Make sure your antenna(s)
  1. Are oriented the same direction as your transmitter for best reception. i.e. typically vertical
  2. Are not in contact with any conductive surface, metal or CF. Don't let them flop around inside the car.
  3. Are not near the motor or ESC. They are super noisy. Near means 1/2"ish.
  4. Are not broken. (See this video). There was a whole debate about if it's 29.6 or 30.7. Spoiler alert, it doesn't matter because it frequency hops.
I'm sure you did but double check your transmitter batteries.

It could also be a flaky (broken) radio or receiver.

Does it happen in different locations? It's unlikely but there could be interference from an outside source, like a router or microwave. It "shouldn't" happen but you never know unless you get some fancy equipment.

Loss of connectivity or range is most often a sign of a broken or nicked antenna wire. Check the antenna wire along its entire length to make sure it isn't pinched or nicked, and that the end that doesn't have coating is intact. If you have another receiever, try swapping that one in to see if things improve.

I use a Radiolink RC6GS transmitter with their receivers in 10 RC vehicles. The RC6GS has three times the range of most other radio systems (600M vice 200M), and it can be bought for around $90 or less. Additional receivers are less than $20 each.

Sounds like an anomaly in the magnetic field Are you driving anywhere near Skin Walker Ranch? 😂 JK Lots of great info above to solve your problem! Good luck

My son has same issue with his Limitless Firma 1250kv and 160 amp 8S esc. Changed radios same problem. With a bit of Google sounds like esc might be the issue cutting off mainly at say higher rpm,s / full throttle due to high peak amperage. My 6S Hobao doesn't have that issue running castle 1721 2400kv withXLX2 just keeping the 4 wheels on the ground is my issue. Hopefully I can find a solution soon.

Last edited:
Toss the DX3 radio. Bad choice. You don't need the Spektrum Smart features, if that was your intention with that radio. Your Lim needs a long range radio. You are running 8s, so I imagine speed running is what you are doing? So you need a very long range dependable Radio. :unsure: For just bashing and drifting 6s is ok.
Radiolink $80. RC6GS is where it's at for Range. Even the RC4GS for $20. less is fine, Both have a Steering Gyro built into the Rx., Same long range and performance.

>>>>> Like stated above, could even be the ESC's BEC circuit is causing issues. You tried all else.

Make sure there's not a 1200 lb.fat lady between you and your limitless possibly blocking your signal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back