Granite Help, Slipper clutch adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaG4x4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey all, just got my Arrma 4x4 Granite 3s blx today and I need help or a tutorial on setting up the slipper clutch so I don't mess it up. thank you

Ive looked also on here. There are many but they all are videos. I was looking for a text-photo type thing because I am have a hard time hearing videos...

I tried to use the 2mm hex wrench that came with it, with all tires on the ground I tried to turn the Allen but it clicks

I take my power module out so I can hold the spur gear from moving to tighten it all the way. Then loosen it 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 turns and it will be perfect. You shouldn't have to adjust it unless your pads are wearing out or chew up a spur gear for other reasons.

I generally get my 2 mm hex key in the screw, and then roll the car until the tires don’t roll anymore. Only using the cars own weight to roll the wheels while holding the Allen key/wrench still. As soon as the cars own weight no longer rolls the rear wheels, holding the wrench still, that’s when I stop tightening. Seems to be work pretty well for me... I just got my granite back together tonight, after my daughter destroyed the front left wheel end....and the stock motor. Now running an Xerun 3652 3800KV with an older Xerun SCT pro ESC.... stock gearing, but I have ST wheels on it right now. I had to retighten the slipper 3 times after putting the friction disks and whatnot into a new spur gear... using the above method all 3 times, seated the castellated disks that didn’t want to sit perfectly in the new spur gear. I’m honestly thinking that’s what most people are having problems with, with new cars. It takes a couple of times tightening it correctly to get everything seated and happy. But maybe I’m way off base....

Also I do believe that arrma sells an actual torque checker tool for the 3s slipper clutches

Don't tighten it too much or you will break parts of the drive chain. The manual tells you how to do it and the method of pushing the truck on a flat surface works too. 1,5 turns back serves me well like the manual suggests. Some say you must loctite the nut but that is not necessary on a V3.

i like to loosen the slipper. then hold the screw driver in there and push it on the ground until the slipper tightens enough that all 4 tires stop.

i push a little further after the tires stop turning to make sure it has bite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back