Help stopping the Losi DB Pro Body from splitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
RC Fam need some help...

My Losi DB Pro body is splitting and spider cracking. I am new to the hobby but have not dealt with a body like this... I have gotten good with the Big Rock/Granite body with the drywall tape and using velcro to cushion the post etc to stop breakage.

Since the Losi DB Pro body drills into the cage body, I have not experienced this style of body. It is cracking away at the hex screw point and the panel/sides/etc are just falling off due to normal bashing. In some cases where it is screwed down, it has blown out the holes all together so I cannot screw the panel back since the hole is larger now.

My thoughts and idea was
1. Drywall tape the inside panel with E6000
2. Screw it back down in hopes #1 will keep it from pulling out

Or

1. Use some form of nylon washers where it screws through the panel to protect from inside/outside
2. If I do, do I apply the nylon washer on the inside and outside or just the inside only

Looking for advice....

1624240709948.png
1624240722419.png

Example here it just blew out the holes

1624242203245.png

@gotnitro

Is that the body or the paint cracking around the holes?

The lexan body is the paint is only decals. Yes it is. Thinking I can drywall and E6000 it but don't know if that will be enough to strengthen the holes.

So none of you Losi DB people have issues with the body splitting due to normal bashing???

I am trying some drywall tape and E6000. I still think I need more protection so it does not push through that...so what do you think about using nylon washers behind the body as I put the screw back in? I have the exact size nylon and one size a little bigger has some movement on the bigger nylon but thinking it covers more surface area...?

What you think....

1624593041340.png
1624593076466.png
1624593101774.png
1624593114674.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back