Kraton Hex Hubs Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Need to change my kraton 6s hex hubs very soon. Is there any difference with the all black 6s EXB hubs? Should I get the standard v5 6s hubs or is there an upgrade option to consider.

Why do you need to change them soon? Unless you are trying to go wider which I am not a fan of the stock are just fine. Pick a color black or red.

I was told and told the stock ones are too thin and will strip the hexes in the plastic wheels, so I bought into the marketing hype and spent even more on overpriced M2C +5mm ones. They're not even anodized and the salt here in MI will eat at them. Aluminum doesn't rust, but it does get messed up. Honestly the +5mm Hot Racing ones on my Kraton/Mojave hybrid are nice with the stock Kraton nuts. +5mm ones do offer more hex surface for more bite, and keep the wheels from making contact with the hubs. Good for monster trucks. They're a waste of time for short course trucks. The extra track width is bad for body clearance on those. But for the K6, it's something to consider. Otherwise, it's just color with stock K6 hexes.

ADU has new ones that look perfect for not going too wide. More hex, but not as wide as a +5mm.

ADU has new ones that look perfect for not going too wide. More hex, but not as wide as a +5mm.
Looks nice. More contact area for the rims.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 21-31-10 ADU RACING 7075-T6 17mm Wheel Hex Hub Adapter for Arrma 1_8 ...png

Just noticed. Excellent marketing. Comparing a used kraton hex to a new and shinny silver ADU...:LOL:

Just noticed. Excellent marketing. Comparing a used kraton hex to a new and shinny silver ADU...:LOL:
Well, it's not as dirty as giving cheery RC influencers on YouTube free parts to peddle to us peasants for bloated prices. There is patriotism to buy a U.S product, and then there's just plain bending over for a big red white and blue 🙊 up your tailpipe.

Well, it's not as dirty as giving cheery RC influencers on YouTube free parts to peddle to us peasants for bloated prices. There is patriotism to buy a U.S product, and then there's just plain bending over for a big red white and blue 🙊 up your tailpipe.
I've broken more parts trying to copy those guys on you tube. For some strange reason, it only mine that breaks....

Like the ADU ones, the new EXB Hex's have more material on the Hex (I just happen to have taken them out yesterday)

View attachment 353456
Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Back