Typhon Hi. I’m having problems with my slipper clutch on my Typhon 3s. Everyone says crank down and back off. Some say 1 1/2 turns. And some say 1/4 turn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
When I tighten down. I keep shearing the hub end rite off. Am I just cranking it to tight. I don’t feel like I am.

image.jpg

@razorrc had a YT video somewhere regarding how to setup a 4x4 slipper clutch. He knows these RC's well.

@razorrc had a YT video somewhere regarding how to setup a 4x4 slipper clutch. He knows these RC's well.
I’ll check it out. Thanks. Might you know what bodies will actually work on the Typhon. All I could find is the VW bug body.

I think the Bug body is the only exact fit. You might be able to get a body mount system off a Senton and put a short course truck body on the car.

I’ll check it out. Thanks. Might you know what bodies will actually work on the Typhon. All I could find is the VW bug body.
Yea. I think I’ll find a clear stock body and have it custom painted. Thank you

"Tight" indeed is not very tight. You can tell when your putting the screw in when the spring is fully compressed and done. Then back it off slightly.

To "test" the slip action you can throw the red hex on the slipper with the center driveshaft and grab the spur gear at the same time, turn and see how the slip feels. I have mine on the tighter side because I like wheelies 😀

Proline 6s Typhon specific Axis Buggy body Might fit wth some trimming. IDK. It's for the 6s RTR Typhon/TLRT..
Go to the PL site again, and see if they have a 3s 4x4 Typhon body. Both 4x4 and 6s Typhons are 1/8 buggies. Pretty much same size buggies and wheels. Just 6s Typhon uses one single body post at the front. 4x4 stocker Typhon body has 2 post holes at the front. PL VW Bug body is also a nice retro looking body. Might still need some trimming to fit. . IDK.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
"Tight" indeed is not very tight. You can tell when your putting the screw in when the spring is fully compressed and done. Then back it off slightly.

To "test" the slip action you can throw the red hex on the slipper with the center driveshaft and grab the spur gear at the same time, turn and see how the slip feels. I have mine on the tighter side because I like wheelies 😀
I do the exact thing to adjust my slipper. Manual says 1.5 turns out on my senton but that's way to tight imo. I'm guessing every rigs a little different.

Unfortunately I don't, I definitely need to make one though.
I thought you explained slippers somewhere. Maybe it was a generic instructional on Slippers.
Def make a video.:)

Last edited:
I do the exact thing to adjust my slipper. Manual says 1.5 turns out on my senton but that's way to tight imo. I'm guessing every rigs a little different.

Yes! Every car is different. Springs wear out, pads glaze or wear out over time, traction levels are different, there is no "one size fits all" solution to a slipper, you just gotta learn how to set it.

I have several 1/10 slippered rigs here. TA. I know how to do it . But it's a certain feel to setting it. By doing. And setting a slipper clutch along with a separate clutched Nitro engine is even harder.
They are PIA. IMHO. One main reason I don't own any 4x4's.
But there are videos in regards to start you off. Takes time to understand it well before it all clicks for you. I think Arrma even has a 4x4 slipper video. Search it. Different brands will have different way its of doing.

I do the drag method on mine. Put a hex on the bolt, hold it and pull the truck untill the rear tires drag. Seems to work

When I tighten down. I keep shearing the hub end rite off. Am I just cranking it to tight. I don’t feel like I am.

View attachment 264162

Vets here are right it is a feeling. I am new to it and just getting the hang of it. I did that twice but since I'm getting a feel for it. As Razor said, each one is different and I am learning mine...but I did buy this item below...not cheap. I have not installed it waiting for the pads to wear down... It should not break tightening down on it.

1671769212957.png

https://demarco-autosports.square.s...75-aluminum-us-customers/3?cs=true&cst=custom

Are you looking for a buggy body or something else? Slash bodies will fit with different body mounts. I made a mount and put the cage from the Losi DB Pro on mine.

20200628_163835.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back