How do you repair a lipo hard case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I think the battery holder in the kaiju isn't taken care of my batteries like it should. Both packs look pretty mangled. Granted I had some hard hits today (broke my front bumper), the truck is still fine. Guess the kaiju just took out the abuse on the batteries. Should I just pull the pack out and gorilla tape it? 2nd battery is slightly better condition but similar.

IR of the cells looks okay. Nothing head turning, and they still hold a charge.

20220806_163235.jpg

20220806_163242.jpg

20220806_163256.jpg

Would you stuff anything inside to take up space? Looks like 3/4 inch of nothing inside there.
Nope the cells are usually glued to the case so they won't move or at least they shouldn't move anyway.

Nope the cells are usually glued to the case so they won't move or at least they shouldn't move anyway.
They were sliding out. That's how I found out the case was broken :LOL:
Might just find some high temp foam to shove in there before taping it up or something.

FWIW, CNHL hard cased lipos are just snugly fitted inside the case. No glue. I don't know if that's atypical as this was the first hard case I'd taken apart.
1659840205403.jpeg

They were sliding out. That's how I found out the case was broken :LOL:
Might just find some high temp foam to shove in there before taping it up or something.
I was going to suggest putting some appropriate foam in there as well :)

FWIW, CNHL hard cased lipos are just snugly fitted inside the case. No glue. I don't know if that's atypical as this was the first hard case I'd taken apart.
View attachment 234421

I was going to suggest putting some appropriate foam in there as well :)
The last hardcase I had come apart the cells were attached to the case. I've not taken apart any of my other hard cases.

Well looks like I'll be doing some experimenting then. :unsure:

The packs aren't that old, otherwise I'd use this as an excuse to retire them and get something new...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back