How long can or should a lipo last???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
How long do quality lipo’s usually last everybody??

Im curious bc I’ve had some for quit some time still working great!!!

That’s quit a bit. More than I thought. I’ve got a cpl lectron pro 3s 7600mah hard case lipo’s that I’ve had for 4 years now. 2 out of the 3 cells on each battery will charge to 4.15v and 1 cell from each battery will charge completely. So there not perfect but still have extra long run times and the outcast still does standing backflips with ease!

wonder how long they’re going to last....

Not sure how long others last, but I tend to get 2-3 years out of packs before they start really showing signs of failure. I run from full to LVC (3.5V) whenever I can and storage charge at the end of every bash day, even if I'm running the next day.

When they start taking a long time to balance or the run times and punch drop, I decommission them. I always run mine in 3S pairs, so if one starts failing, they both get taken out of the rotation. If it's just one or 2 cells, I'll take the packs apart and make a 4S pack for my smaller trucks just to get another year or so out of them.

I have never storage charged a battery in 10 years and i get on average 3 years out of my lipos.

My Hyperion lasted 10 cycles and died while in storage charge :unsure:

My oldest Lipo now crossed 8 years and ~ 150 cycles and it's still a good performer but past it's prime. Not for road bashing though, this is a flight battery and doesn't see the abuse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back