How much is enough torque on a servo? (Kraton 6S)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turn2burn

Reaction score
Iv read if you can turn your wheels on the grass at least 2/3 of full travel your servo is strong enough. Im thinking of getting a 45kg servo instead of what a lot of people get, 35kg. DS3235 seems to be the servo folks for on the cheapo side of things. I think Im going to get a 9imond 45kg servo, its 14 grams heavier which is my only reservation, maybe the ds3235 is all I need. But how much is enough, the servo saver is going to give out any way so whats the use for all that torque?

Iv read if you can turn your wheels on the grass at least 2/3 of full travel your servo is strong enough. Im thinking of getting a 45kg servo instead of what a lot of people get, 35kg. DS3235 seems to be the servo folks for on the cheapo side of things. I think Im going to get a 9imond 45kg servo, its 14 grams heavier which is my only reservation, maybe the ds3235 is all I need. But how much is enough, the servo saver is going to give out any way so whats the use for all that torque?

There is nothing wrong with getting another servo. Some have found success with adding some shims to the servo saver to tighten it up some. In my case, I did both (shims and a new servo) but shimming it the easiest and least expensive to try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back