Is this the best servo i can get for the KRATON EXB 6S at this price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's still a 12V servo (14V max). Yeah, you can run it on as low as 6V but...what's the point in getting an HV servo to then massively undervolt it? Unless you've already committed to the idea of running a separate 3S lipo just to power your steering servo (though I don't know why you would). I'm telling you man, that HRC servo is the tits for the money. But, do as you will. It's your money.

That's another direct power servo. Great for crawlers but to run this on Kraton you need to either tap into one of your 2 3s packs balance lead or run a 3s accessory pack. It's not really ideal for bashers.

That HRC servo isn't a bad option from the spec sheet but I can't speak to it having never run it

That's another direct power servo. Great for crawlers but to run this on Kraton you need to either tap into one of your 2 3s packs balance lead or run a 3s accessory pack. It's not really ideal for bashers.

That HRC servo isn't a bad option from the spec sheet but I can't speak to it having never run it
I've been using it in my Infraction GT speed run whip for two or two and a half years now. I sent one to @Fishtank in '22 or '23 and he was happy with his as well as far as I know. It centers well, plenty of torque for most 1/8-1/7 scale vehicles (unless you're running ridiculously oversized wheels/tires then ya might could do with something heftier), it's well built and well priced. It's good from where I'm sitting but, as always....YMMV. :)

Well its been a long time since the last time i was involved with the hobby. There are a lot of new things, servos are one of them, there are so many choices now, be patient with me.

Well its been a long time since the last time i was involved with the hobby. There are a lot of new things, servos are one of them, there are so many choices now, be patient with me.
No worries at all, what you'll generally want to look for in the Kraton EXB 6s for a servo is a brushless 7.4v or 8.4v (HV) servo with at least 30kg of torque, but more than 50kg is generally not necessary. A lot of servos will have a 25, 35, or 45kg option where the motor is actually the same but it's geared differently, so the 25kg version would be the fastest and the 45kg version would be the slowest though geared for more torque.

All good bro, I know how ya feel. I just got back into RC in '22 after a 30 year hiatus and, as you said....lots of changes. The only bad question is the one not asked so, you may fire when ready grizzly.

All good bro, I know how ya feel. I just got back into RC in '22 after a 30 year hiatus and, as you said....lots of changes. The only bad question is the one not asked so, you may fire when ready grizzly.
At least now we got a bit more money to spend and finally enjoy the hobby 😀

My personal opinion is that you don't need a servo over 45kg with a Kraton 6s. I run a Powerhobby 729MBL 25kg brushless servo ($94.95 USD) that has 500 oz of torque at 7.4V and .10 sec speed, which is plenty for my heavier-than-stock Kraton. It can throw the Backflip wheels around like they are nothing. The 729MBL might not be available overseas though.

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhob...brushless-steel-gear-servo-aluminum-case.html

I've been using it in my Infraction GT speed run whip for two or two and a half years now. I sent one to @Fishtank in '22 or '23 and he was happy with his as well as far as I know. It centers well, plenty of torque for most 1/8-1/7 scale vehicles (unless you're running ridiculously oversized wheels/tires then ya might could do with something heftier), it's well built and well priced. It's good from where I'm sitting but, as always....YMMV. :)
The servo works great I have it in my fireteam with Belted badlands and it throws them around no problem. Its taken a ton of abuse and no problems. I was thinking of getting another one for a crawler build but I used a Raw 800 I had instead. I would defiantly use that servo again just cant get them here.

The servo works great I have it in my fireteam with Belted badlands and it throws them around no problem. Its taken a ton of abuse and no problems. I was thinking of getting another one for a crawler build but I used a Raw 800 I had instead. I would defiantly use that servo again just cant get them here.
Raw 800 dang, big spendy boi

These are the top choices for me, looks a bit hard to get the specific AGF and Promodeller

https://www.agf-rc.com/waterproof-high-torque-programmable-servo-a81bhmw-p2481835.html

https://www.modellbau-metz.com/mode...al---hv-high-speed---40x37x20mm-_-53g-44kg_cm

https://www.promodeler.com/DS630BLHV

https://www.monsterhopups.de/JX-Ser...Traxxas-X-Maxx-metal-gear-alternativeTRX2085X

I have also added the JX servo, specs look good and the price is good.

I feel like i should also add atleast one PowerHD servo

Last edited:
It does, however, appear that ProMod ships to Europe. So you could actually get it if you wanted to. Same goes for AGF. I haven't checked but shipping would probably be an additional 20€ and another 30-40€ for import fees, VAT and all that fun stuff.

I guess I could add to the thread, do you have any of the PowerHD Storm servo's over there, prolly like the Storm 3, and what's the price on one if so.. also see if they have the black B3 over their as well, or the B4 😎

AGF are available on amazon. They make servos for many re-brands. I have 8-10 of these, running in my Tekno race buggy, bashers, and crawlers, without any problems. Mine are mostly the 45-55kg.

Back