How often should I be glueing my tires? I just noticed poop on my badlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Is it just as easy to be adding glue around the rim to make sure the bead doesn't,'t like blow out?

Just noticed gaps and stuff.

Do I just spam glue on the edge. . . Wtf. We've spent hundreds on rims/tires combos. I want to learn to at least maintain my stuff

Yes just spread some super glue or actual tires glue on the spots coming loose, just make sure to not go crazy and also not go too light?

So. . .just put the right amount???

Haha

Should I clean first?

Spread the rim and tire and apply glue?

Not just spam glue on top surely. Like spread it and spread some goo in there ??

Recommended brand of tire glue?

I use simple green to clean the bead areas and tire. I look for any gaps, then concentrate on them. Then go a thin bead all around. I use BSI IC-2000 a Black rubberized CA. Then I spray some BSI CA accelerator on it and it sets fast. Do one side at a time. Let each side dry before flipping the other side. Preventive maintenance helps. I too have the Badlands standard 3.8's, great LP tire , but PL sucks at gluing them. I let them know also. They are glued in Mexico BTW. Said they cant control it much unlike their better made Race Truggy and Buggy tires glued here in the states And they could care less about their QC. Because they know we keep coming back and $spending$ for more anyway.:LOL:

Edit: Yeah sometimes I'll do this when they are new out the package. They always come apart where they are short on CA when made and as you use them you discover it. Hopefully before its too late and you get a ripped tire bead. $Ouch$.

BTW, tape off the inner wheel vents and vent the outside of the center tire's tread in 3-4 places equally with a 1/8" hole. Your tires will thank you. I think PL has started to do this to some of their newer tires. Venting the tires instead of the wheels.

Last edited:
I use AKA CA glue. Their bottle cap has a metal pin in it which helps keep the tip clear and they include a pipette that you cut off a bit of and stick in the end of the bottle to apply the glue, then throw away the small piece and put the cap back on. Works really well and helps keep the tip from getting gunked up over time. So far, the only bottle of CA glue where I'm actually capable of using the entire bottle vs it drying up or the tip getting so crappy that you can't use it to do anything but glue your fingers to the table.

As for spot gluing, I usually put a bit of DA on a q-tip, then jam it in the gaps I find to clean out any dirt the best I can. Then hit it with compressed air to dry. Then I just put a drop of AKA on it. It's very thin and wicks almost immediately down into the gap. Then gently pinch the tire for a few seconds and it sets up.

I wrap all my 6S tires with 500lb cored kevlar cord to keep them from ballooning/blowing off the rim or blowing apart. I also vent all my tires so they can wring water out if any gets in, since I run in snow and wet grass a lot.

I use AKA CA glue. Their bottle cap has a metal pin in it which helps keep the tip clear and they include a pipette that you cut off a bit of and stick in the end of the bottle to apply the glue, then throw away the small piece and put the cap back on. Works really well and helps keep the tip from getting gunked up over time. So far, the only bottle of CA glue where I'm actually capable of using the entire bottle vs it drying up or the tip getting so crappy that you can't use it to do anything but glue your fingers to the table.

As for spot gluing, I usually put a bit of DA on a q-tip, then jam it in the gaps I find to clean out any dirt the best I can. Then hit it with compressed air to dry. Then I just put a drop of AKA on it. It's very thin and wicks almost immediately down into the gap. Then gently pinch the tire for a few seconds and it sets up.

I wrap all my 6S tires with 500lb cored kevlar cord to keep them from ballooning/blowing off the rim or blowing apart. I also vent all my tires so they can wring water out if any gets in, since I run in snow and wet grass a lot.
Rag and methyl hydrate works well too. Wet a corner of the rag, wipe down rim, and glue right away. Methyl hydrate evaporates almost instantly, just be sure there is no flame/sparks nearby because the scary part is it burns invisibly if it does catch.

I rinsed with water and then cleaned with isopropyl. It looks terrible. I used a fair bit and the glue I got does not have a tiny applicator tip or anything.

Seems pretty solid though.

All our tires are vented outside. Just two holes each and on the badlands the inner vent on the rim is covered.

Next time I might sand a little clean again then glue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back