I hate gluing tires 🛞

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
1699580023553.jpeg

At least you didn't ask this guy to work on your tires...
tires GIF

He used hydrogen to inflate.. and he was smoking.
I remember watching a video of this guy trying to make his tire blow onto the rim by using gasoline instead of ether while it was still on his truck he started his truck on fire.

This is about the only thing I like about gluing tires. I love the smell.😝

View attachment 331068

I've got a couple of this exact bottle- good stuff!

Gf broke a finger nail way high one time when we were much younger and living at my parents. She super glued the nail but It wasn't drying. My dad came in with that bottle of harder and she said go ahead and use it. Dad sprayed her finger and that girl took off BOOKIN it. Me and dad were just watching her running around screaming in confusion.
Kinda forgot that stuff got hot when we did it. Burned her finger real good 🤣 she was soo mad at us! 15 years later I still hear about this incident....... 😂🤣

Last edited:
Mrs. Doom complains every time I spray the ca accelerator in the house, she can't stand the smell.
Doesn't ca dry almost instantly? I didn't know they made an accelerator. You in a huge hurry when you glue stuff? :unsure:
I’ve must have glued hundreds of tires since I started racing. SCT tires are the hardest, the side wall is so stiff . This is my home made jig I use , the framing square holds the tire so one hand can push the tire out of the bead , the other to do the glue .

View attachment 331069
That's actually a great idea!

Doesn't ca dry almost instantly? I didn't know they made an accelerator. You in a huge hurry when you glue stuff? :unsure:

That's actually a great idea!

There are different drying speeds for different thicknesses of CA, sometimes you want a slower drying CA so you can get the placement perfect then hit it with the accelerator to get it to set while it's in position.

There are different drying speeds for different thicknesses of CA, sometimes you want a slower drying CA so you can get the placement perfect then hit it with the accelerator to get it to set while it's in position.

We used the fast stuff building balsa rc airplanes. Alotta pieces and if your in a hurry... stuffs simply amazing.

While gluing , I keep a paper towel wet with rubbing alcohol readily available just in case as well as my bucket with acetone again just in case , just stick your finger / fingers in it and the glue comes right off . As we speak I am gluing up some new front tires on new rims and have 2 soaking in the acetone to repurpose a pair of rims . Cut the tire off down to the bead and let it sit for a day or two and the remaining bead of the tire falls right out .

IMG_3584.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back