How reliable is the BT2000 spectrum Bluetooth chip for the dx3 controller?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saladfingerz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
I got the BT2000 chip to run in my vendetta the other day as a cheaper alternative to a gps speedo to see the speeds of my vendetta but it doesn't seem to be very accurate. The top speed I got on it was 50mph according to the spectrum dashboard app. It sure looked like it was going way faster than 50mph. And if it is only going 50mph I'm kinda upset because the vendetta is marked to go 70mph. I got the optional pinion in so it should be Hitting close to 70mph. Im also running hoon gold tires on it right now so idk if that is making it better or worse. It also was reading Temps of about 200 degrees after one battery which also doesn't seem accurate either. Still kinda a novice to the RC world so I'd figure maybe someone knows something more.

I got the BT2000 chip to run in my vendetta the other day as a cheaper alternative to a gps speedo to see the speeds of my vendetta but it doesn't seem to be very accurate. The top speed I got on it was 50mph according to the spectrum dashboard app. It sure looked like it was going way faster than 50mph. And if it is only going 50mph I'm kinda upset because the vendetta is marked to go 70mph. I got the optional pinion in so it should be Hitting close to 70mph. Im also running hoon gold tires on it right now so idk if that is making it better or worse. It also was reading Temps of about 200 degrees after one battery which also doesn't seem accurate either. Still kinda a novice to the RC world so I'd figure maybe someone knows something more.
Welcome

There are some posts on them but I found the BT2000 to be worthless...if and when it worked. Great idea if Spektrum supported their products with updates.

Connection issues, problems with the RC finding the radio with the BT in until I removed it, out-of-range issues, and accuracy was an issue.

I sold both mine.

BT2000 does not use GPS, it just uses throttle input and determines speed which is not accurate at all.

I have a couple BT2000 not as much as a ripoff as Traxxass Link :rolleyes:.

You will need to tell it your gearing and rollout distances in the app to get a somewhat close readout. It's based on throttle input though I think.

You will need to tell it your gearing and rollout distances in the app to get a somewhat close readout. It's based on throttle input though I think.
After I sat down and played around with the app for a while I also found out that the upper limit on the speed readout was set to 50mph. So even if I was going past that it stopped showing it after 50

The speed will be based on motor RPM reported from the ESC via telemetry. That bit should be very accurate. To turn that into a speed, it needs to know how far the car moves for each rotation of the motor, which depends on gearing and rollout distance.

If you've switched to the optional pinion, you'll need to reconfigure the app or it'll under-read.

Hello,
I know this an old thread/topic. I am new to RC and I got involved to only really do speedruns. As soon as I started seeing videos of it, I immediately fell in love and just knew, this is something I would want to do.

I’ve built actual cars, mainly FWD All Motor Hondas. This knowledge, was of little help when it came to these RC cars.

I never owned a RC car in my entire life, I started out with a TT02 and that car is where I learned a lot about a little bit of everything. Still got a ways to go.

Now I own a Vendetta that I am trying to reach into the 100s on the stock motor and ESC. Now the more I try the more I see that the ESC 100amp is the biggest restriction.

I managed to go 87MPH on my friends skyrc gps, but my Spektrum dashboard said 97Mph. Before the vendetta, I went through two receivers and transmitters. First I had a radiolink and the range was so bad, I don’t know what it was. I just got rid of it. So I got a sr315 Receiver so I can run the same remote and BT module for both cars.

I managed to go 98MPH on my Spektrum dashboard with the TT02 but I have a guy whose saying that it’s just not feasible and makes no sense and even is stating it matter fact as if the Spektrum tech is absolutely garbage.

I may be new, but I just find that way hard to swallow, just because isn’t spektrum like one of the BIGGEST most well rounded and funded brands out there when it comes to RC? So why would they make a product that displays a speed that is way off and not anywhere near my actual speed?

Again I did confirm my vendetta did 87MPH with a friends skyrc box. I did a bunch of mods, but the main mods that account for the speed is a 44T spur. Slipper eliminated. 32T pinion. All mod08 still. Alloy driveshaft. Ceramic bearings throughout. Carbon fiber aero front side rear and rear wing. Carbon chassis brace. All alloy mods. Hubs, arms, tierods. Arena all metal differentials. 4s boost box with alloy yokes. 500K diff fluid. Metal axles. Metal motor mount and spur housing. Etc. so I felt like maybe my friends gps was maybe the one that’s off? A stock vendetta on 3s won’t go 90+? I kind of doubt that it wouldn’t.

Let me know what you think? I purposely chose the receiver on my tt02 just to simplify having so many remotes and all and to utilize the dashboard on both cars. If this is just a novelty item and doesent correctly measure speed accurately. Then wtf?
Hello,
I know this an old thread/topic. I am new to RC and I got involved to only really do speedruns. As soon as I started seeing videos of it, I immediately fell in love and just knew, this is something I would want to do.

I’ve built actual cars, mainly FWD All Motor Hondas. This knowledge, was of little help when it came to these RC cars.

I never owned a RC car in my entire life, I started out with a TT02 and that car is where I learned a lot about a little bit of everything. Still got a ways to go.

Now I own a Vendetta that I am trying to reach into the 100s on the stock motor and ESC. Now the more I try the more I see that the ESC 100amp is the biggest restriction.

I managed to go 87MPH on my friends skyrc gps, but my Spektrum dashboard said 97Mph. Before the vendetta, I went through two receivers and transmitters. First I had a radiolink and the range was so bad, I don’t know what it was. I just got rid of it. So I got a sr315 Receiver so I can run the same remote and BT module for both cars.

I managed to go 98MPH on my Spektrum dashboard with the TT02 but I have a guy whose saying that it’s just not feasible and makes no sense and even is stating it matter fact as if the Spektrum tech is absolutely garbage.

I may be new, but I just find that way hard to swallow, just because isn’t spektrum like one of the BIGGEST most well rounded and funded brands out there when it comes to RC? So why would they make a product that displays a speed that is way off and not anywhere near my actual speed?

Again I did confirm my vendetta did 87MPH with a friends skyrc box. I did a bunch of mods, but the main mods that account for the speed is a 44T spur. Slipper eliminated. 32T pinion. All mod08 still. Alloy driveshaft. Ceramic bearings throughout. Carbon fiber aero front side rear and rear wing. Carbon chassis brace. All alloy mods. Hubs, arms, tierods. Arena all metal differentials. 4s boost box with alloy yokes. 500K diff fluid. Metal axles. Metal motor mount and spur housing. Etc. so I felt like maybe my friends gps was maybe the one that’s off? A stock vendetta on 3s won’t go 90+? I kind of doubt that it wouldn’t.

Let me know what you think? I purposely chose the receiver on my tt02 just to simplify having so many remotes and all and to utilize the dashboard on both cars. If this is just a novelty item and doesent correctly measure speed accurately. Then wtf?
IMG_1158.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back