How strong are the teeth on a 48p gear compared to mod1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Note: Non-Arrma rig question here :ROFLMAO:

Will 48p gears hold up to 6s power? Curious about this for my 2wd Stampede. I've been running 4s using a Drag Slash transmission which is 48p and the gears handle it fine. I'm thinking of making my Stampede 1/8 scale at 2 inches longer than stock and over 2 inches wider. I would run 3.8MT tires instead of 2.8MT tires so it will make it a fair amount heavier.

Fast Lane Machine makes an upgraded transmission for the Traxxas 2wd rigs that is aluminum housing with hardened mod1 gears and will handle 6s fine. Will the 48p be enough? Or will 6s power be more than 48p can handle?

Note: Non-Arrma rig question here :ROFLMAO:

Will 48p gears hold up to 6s power? Curious about this for my 2wd Stampede. I've been running 4s using a Drag Slash transmission which is 48p and the gears handle it fine. I'm thinking of making my Stampede 1/8 scale at 2 inches longer than stock and over 2 inches wider. I would run 3.8MT tires instead of 2.8MT tires so it will make it a fair amount heavier.

Fast Lane Machine makes an upgraded transmission for the Traxxas 2wd rigs that is aluminum housing with hardened mod1 gears and will handle 6s fine. Will the 48p be enough? Or will 6s power be more than 48p can handle?
Short answer probably not for the long term. You might get a few pulls out of it.

I gotta say, 6s power on a 2wd TRX will result in a totally undriveable rig, stripped hexes, blown tranny gears, disintegrated axles, yada yada yada. Have fun with that. I‘ve done it, and never stopped asking myself, “why?” Your signature suggests you have a 6s Typhon. Enjoy that one for all it is. Your Stamp can never be that. Not trying to be a killjoy, but the Stampede and the Typhon are from different planets, man.

Get the mod.1 tranny then make a vid of you blowing the crap outta the 48p gears.😈😁
🤣Haha, would be fun to see, but would save that transmission for a custom Bandit build.

I gotta say, 6s power on a 2wd TRX will result in a totally undriveable rig, stripped hexes, blown tranny gears, disintegrated axles, yada yada yada. Have fun with that. I‘ve done it, and never stopped asking myself, “why?” Your signature suggests you have a 6s Typhon. Enjoy that one for all it is. Your Stamp can never be that. Not trying to be a killjoy, but the Stampede and the Typhon are from different planets, man.
Haha, I don't doubt that. I know 6s is a lot to ask of any rig and the stock traxxas parts and a lot of the upgraded parts are going to be short lived.

I know it's not realistic to make it a reliable regular 6s basher. I've been running it on 4s with a Max10sct and I got the Spektrum 3668 motor from the Arrma 4s lineup from Jenny's when they first listed them for sale.
It's been reliable for several months with the drag slash transmission and Tekno driveshafts/aluminum 12mm hex and Hot Racing 17mm adapters.
I'm thinking of putting a hobbywing quicrun 150 and 4068 hobbystar motor on it. Iwould stick with 4s 90% of the time or more, 6s would be just for occasionally toying with it while overpowered just for laughs.

I'm planning to do a custom bandit build and want to scavenge parts from the Stampede, then replace or upgrade parts taken from the Stampede.

🤣Haha, would be fun to see, but would save that transmission for a custom Bandit build.

Haha, I don't doubt that. I know 6s is a lot to ask of any rig and the stock traxxas parts and a lot of the upgraded parts are going to be short lived.

I know it's not realistic to make it a reliable regular 6s basher. I've been running it on 4s with a Max10sct and I got the Spektrum 3668 motor from the Arrma 4s lineup from Jenny's when they first listed them for sale.
It's been reliable for several months with the drag slash transmission and Tekno driveshafts/aluminum 12mm hex and Hot Racing 17mm adapters.
I'm thinking of putting a hobbywing quicrun 150 and 4068 hobbystar motor on it. Iwould stick with 4s 90% of the time or more, 6s would be just for occasionally toying with it while overpowered just for laughs.

I'm planning to do a custom bandit build and want to scavenge parts from the Stampede, then replace or upgrade parts taken from the Stampede.
Keep us posted! I’m curious to know how the drag tranny holds up. I can’t remember how many I grenaded on just 3s, and even those had the Robinson Racing layshaft/hardened gear and HR billet case upgrades. The pinion gears would just turn to shrapnel. Often! I finally just tried running spools but it makes them handle like garbage. I did install the drag tranny on one of my 2wd Slash’s right after you could buy them, but since I got my first Arrma 6s rig those TRX trucks just get dusty on the shelf.

I hope the drag slash transmission will handle more than a little toying around on 6s, but hard bashing might be too much. I was looking at the Fast Lane Machine transmission for the Stampede if I want to run it a little harder on 6s, all gears are mod1 so they should be ok with 6s if the Tekno shafts/axles/hexes can handle it. If the Teknos can't handle, Fast Lane has upgrades that should.

mod1.gif

cvds.gif

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back