Tires how are people blowing apart there tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba.k9

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Is it just a full throttle in the air kinda thing or is there actually a issue here I've full throttle drifted mine blacktop full throttle spins dirt multiple full throttle passes with a bigger pinion and am wearing them out vs new but how

Is it just a full throttle in the air kinda thing or is there actually a issue here I've full throttle drifted mine blacktop full throttle spins dirt multiple full throttle passes with a bigger pinion and am wearing them out vs new but how

This..
happy las vegas GIF by NASCAR

When a tire is not touching the ground at full throttle they tend to blow, also when you diff out. They will pancake and they may blow. Belted tires help. 🏁

Since getting a KRATON and using the 4S Backflip LP's .. I'm preventing this tread BLOW APART after EVERY bash session :mad:
Looking at outside sidewall above glue bead my LP's have lots of Pinch Splits/Slices that are essentially holes completely violating the side wall.
As tires balloon these splits open up further being pulled apart by the expanding tread. Left Un-Glued these tiny splits turn into a tear having tire come apart :cautious:
CA tire glue fixes them, it's just sad these LP's are so damn soft & stretchy & suffer from severe sidewall flex if hard cornering under power.

My son runs his Kraton just as hard and has gotten 3+ seasons so far out of his Proline Badlands without suffering this sidewall pinch/split issue that is plaguing me after the first use of them. About 10-12 batteries ( 4-5 sessions ) so far and tires are screwed up at outside sidewalls big time :mad:

Last edited:
Back