Senton How to stop Rear end swinging out ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
So yea my senton 3s I converted to RWD keeps favoring one side & keeps swinging out when pressing the throttle how do i stop this
& also do the make diff lockers for the senton 3s v3 or does any other models have a compatible part & what about a slipper eliminator do they sell those if not how do i do it

6EC4C251-10EA-4540-AA91-799976B6FD63.jpeg

A009AA96-3B1E-4C28-A3B2-B6BAE0DC9B85.jpeg

So yea my senton 3s I converted to RWD keeps favoring one side & keeps swinging out when pressing the throttle how do i stop this
& also do the make diff lockers for the senton 3s v3 or does any other models have a compatible part & what about a slipper eliminator do they sell those if not how do i do it

View attachment 175413

View attachment 175414
Hmmm... what diff fluid are you running? Stock?

Hmmm... what diff fluid are you running? Stock?
Yea i am damn I didn't evan think of that ill try that before i lock everything up lol & its the front diff i put on the rear any suggestions for diff fluid i want it to feel locked

Yea i am damn I didn't evan think of that ill try that before i lock everything up lol & its the front diff i put on the rear any suggestions for diff fluid i want it to feel locked
The thicker the fluid, the more locked it is. You don't need it to be too locked though. 60k maybe:unsure: If you lock it, it will be a lot more squirlly.

Why eliminate the slipper? Need it, because now 100% of the load is at the rear diff. Will help you dial in more traction also. Its a 2wd now.
DId you completely remove the front diff from the drivetrain? You need to if you did not. Diff action on an axle with no propulsion does not work.
I don't know how you plan to drive this and at what speeds. Speedrunning or just bashing it? Drag racing it in a straight line?
A nice project there nonetheless.(y)
If you never had a 2wd rig before, you can clearly see now that they are all a bear to drive. Just reality. A completely different animal. Driver input needs to be adapted much better. Dial in you ESC punch better. (lower) Etc. Better tires for the rear. Dedicated 2wd rigs generally have wider rear tires versus front tires. They steer and drive better. The beauty of 2wd is that you can mix and match differnt size tires/wheels between the F and R.
Locking the rear has no real benefit. You have enough issues at the rear already. If anything, you may need thinner diff oil.
My spin.:cool:

Edited.

BTW, those PL tires are not the best for traction at all. IMHO. I know guys running them on the street. Horrible. They always lose control.

Last edited:
The thicker the fluid, the more locked it is. You don't need it to be too locked though. 60k maybe:unsure: If you lock it, it will be a lot more squirlly.
What do you mean by squirly & what liquid is comparable to 60k diff fluid like pancake syrup or honey far as consistency is related

If you convert it to 4wd you won't have so many traction problems. ;)

The 3s line already has enough power to break traction on 4wd. There is no chance to keep it straight on 2wd.

You can put heavier diff fluid in if you want. If you lock it, you're next post will be asking how to fix the poor steering.

Why do you want to eliminate the slipper? If properly set, it doesn't hurt performance at all. It can actually help your traction problem if you let it slip a little. If you really don't want it, just tighten it all the way, which will effectively turn it into a spool.

If you are really going to stick with 2wd, you might want to get a radio with a gyro.

Why eliminate the slipper? Need it, because now 100% of the load is at the rear diff. Will help you dial in more traction also. Its a 2wd now.
DId you completely remove the front diff from the drivetrain? You need to if you did not. Diff action on an axle with no propulsion does not work.
I don't know how you plan to drive this and at what speeds. Speedrunning or just bashing it?
A nice project there nonetheless.(y)
If you never had a 2wd rig before, you can clearly see now that they are a bear to drive. Just reality. Driver input needs to be adapted much better. DIal in you ESC punch better. Etc. Better tires for the rear. Dedicated 2wd rigs generally have wider rear tires versus front tires. They steer and drive better.
My spin.:cool:
Wow okay & yea i removed the front input gear & gears inside the diff so just diff case spins freely in the front yoke & removed the center driveshaft & yea i have experience driving 2wd its fun but its meant mainly for street bashing drag & drifting & nah not a bear makes you focus more on your driving skills still just as capable as the 4x4 IMO and my driving skills & yea i kno tires have a big effect on the car handling

What do you mean by squirly & what liquid is comparable to 60k diff fluid like pancake syrup or honey far as consistency is related
The purpose of a diff is to allow the inner and outer tires to spin at different rates when cornering. The higher viscosity the diff fluid, the more resistance to this is- good for straight line traction. Turning with a locked diff will cause the rear tires to break traction easily. Good if you want a drift car, but bad for anything else.

If you convert it to 4wd you won't have so many traction problems. ;)

The 3s line already has enough power to break traction on 4wd. There is no chance to keep it straight on 2wd.

You can put heavier diff fluid in if you want. If you lock it, you're next post will be asking how to fix the poor steering.

Why do you want to eliminate the slipper? If properly set, it doesn't hurt performance at all. It can actually help your traction problem if you let it slip a little. If you really don't want it, just tighten it all the way, which will effectively turn it into a spool.

If you are really going to stick with 2wd, you might want to get a radio with a gyro.
Okay so yea i was just wondering if they made aftermarket parts instead of making it permanent so i can easily go back to 4wd if i want & nah gyro sucks its like using auto aim in COD & yea i can keep it straight if I figure out what diff oil to use cause one wheel is spinning a bit more freely then the other i want a solid rear end but yea the diff oil will get me there & yea ill keep the slipper the way it is
The purpose of a diff is to allow the inner and outer tires to spin at different rates when cornering. The higher viscosity the diff fluid, the more resistance to this is- good for straight line traction. Turning with a locked diff will cause the rear tires to break traction easily. Good if you want a drift car, but bad for anything else.
Yea thats kind of what im going for a drifter but at the same time if i bang a corner i can let off throttle & allow for traction or send it witch will alow me to slide out of a turn smoother & its easier to achieve that with a firm rear diff so i kno how its going act & a to loose and they spin however they want

Wow okay & yea i removed the front input gear & gears inside the diff so just diff case spins freely in the front yoke & removed the center driveshaft & yea i have experience driving 2wd its fun but its meant mainly for street bashing drag & drifting & nah not a bear makes you focus more on your driving skills still just as capable as the 4x4 IMO and my driving skills & yea i kno tires have a big effect on the car handling
Yeah so you at least know what you got as a 2wd. They are fun, just more driver skill is paramount. Try setting up the chassis better. Unfortunately you have no control over anti squat, roll center, no sway bars etc. None on a 4x4 platform. Those tweaks would help you out more if you could.
Lower the rig more. Keep CoG down low. Decrease rear shock pack. Thinner oil. Softer springs. It was originally setup as a 4x4. Much needs to be changed around now for 2wd. ( chassis wise) Try more negative camber at the rear if adjustable. Again, tires can make you or break you also.
Try decreasing Steering up front to create more push. This can compensate some for the loose rear end.

Last edited:
Yeah so you at least know what you got as a 2wd. They are fun, just more driver skill is paramount. Try setting up the chassis better. Unfortunately you have no control over anti squat, roll center, no sway bars etc. None on a 4x4 platform. Those tweaks would help you out more if you could.
Lower the rig more. Keep CoG down low. Decrease rear shock pack. Thinner oil. Softer springs. It was originally setup as a 4x4. Much needs to be changed around now for 2wd. ( chassis wise)
Ahhh okay thats the response im looking for the grit of how it works & yea i can get some sway bars i kno a compatible version & anti squat & roll center fucc is that? Lol but yea i am going to move things around in the chassis to get a balanced weight

don't get a real stiff sway bar. That may hurt you also. A Thinner one may be all you need in combination with some negative rear camber. But upgrade sway bars will still be trial and error. The 4x4 chassis werent designed with SB in mind. Even try front versus a rear. Need to find the best balance for overall traction.

Your rear shocks are on backwards -- the guard should be facing forward to block dirt flung up by the front tires.

Your rear shocks are on backwards -- the guard should be facing forward to block dirt flung up by the front tires.
Yea i kno i have them like that cause ididnt know how the dirt would fly around having the wheels exposed

You just answered one of my many ponderings about this hobby. Much appreciated as always!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back